No announcement yet.

Question for the boxing history section

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    There are instances where guys talk out there ass in this section, but for the most part the regulars have a good grasp of what they're talking about. Im sure that like myself several just don't post in threads where they're out of their depth and would rather read and learn than make baseless comments. Whenever the topic goes below featherweight I know Im out of my league but for certain fighters. NSB is a cesspool though, full of posters who are absolutely clueless. There are some great posters there, but they're a huge minority.
    That's exactly what I do.

I try to watch 2 or so fights per day, I only started learning about boxing 2 years ago so I've still got a lot to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      How many of you have actually sat down and watched more than 1 or 2 fights of these fighters you guys argue about in this section? Im sure there are some real historians in here who know their **** but im also pretty sure there are a bunch of morons who talk about fighters they have either never seen before or have watched 5 minute highlight videos of.

To the regulars here who are good posters in this section and who just talks out their ass?
      Well I have to say for myself that I have seen Just about every single fight I could ever get my hands on, up to the 40's. Post 40's, I've seen ten times as many, for obvious reasons. When I talk about Darcy for instance, I've seen every last bit of footage, that I could find, and I've watched it over and over again. Same for fighters that are my all-time favorites, Carmen Basilio and Tony DeMarco are probably my next two favorite fighters of them all, and therefore watch them go at each other and others over and over............ So I'd say that yes, I do know the guys I talk about. Most of my friends on here are likewise fans of WATCHING boxing, but what sets them apart, is the fact that they also read and study fighters from many eras. On NSB for instance,... there are fewer readers of boxing.............. I could name the best posters, but there's at least 16 that I should name,.... so I won't name them,.. they know who they are,........... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS !!!!!

Comment

Well the History section is generally the more aged and more wise boxing fans. I think Big Stereotype, Barnburner and myself are the only younguns here. Trolling and talking out of your hindquarters about things you dont know are really childish things to do isn't common place in the history section. When someone comes along to mess it up, like The Magic Man in what seems like ages ago, the whole section proves them wrong at every turn and drives them out.

In conclusion: HISTORY SECTION SWAG

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
          Well the History section is generally the more aged and more wise boxing fans. I think Big Stereotype, Barnburner and myself are the only younguns here. Trolling and talking out of your hindquarters about things you dont know are really childish things to do isn't common place in the history section. When someone comes along to mess it up, like The Magic Man in what seems like ages ago, the whole section proves them wrong at every turn and drives them out.

War History Section!

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            How many of you have actually sat down and watched more than 1 or 2 fights of these fighters you guys argue about in this section? Im sure there are some real historians in here who know their **** but im also pretty sure there are a bunch of morons who talk about fighters they have either never seen before or have watched 5 minute highlight videos of.

To the regulars here who are good posters in this section and who just talks out their ass?
            Many of the morons have been eradicated from this section since a moderator was appointed, though some occasionally come in from the gutter next door. You should have seen the state of this section in the Slimey Limey era. Sonnyboy era was pretty crazy too.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 09-03-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I think I'm younger than all of you

Comment

Im only 26 ****er! Thats not that damn old lol

How olds Barnburner? I thought he was an oldie....

Comment

i sit down and watch a classic everynight and i read boxing books

i blw through those muther****ers

watched kidchoclate vs canzoneri last night

Comment

Who hear is married or has a live in partner?

Bet you guys get ur balls busted as much as i do for being on here and watching boxing so much!?

Comment

im a young gun too

Comment

Working...
                      X