Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse? Floyd retiring to not fight WWs in their prime/ Manny and his superstitions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worse? Floyd retiring to not fight WWs in their prime/ Manny and his superstitions?

Which is worse to you?

Floyd and his "retirement" after Hatton...which by the way, he was scheduled to re-match DLH (who walks away from another potentially PPV breaking event? we'll get to him later), or face any of the Fab 5 WWs, (Mosley,Cotto,Margarito,Berto,Clottey) then coincidentally comes back after news comes out of IRS and debt problems and the 5 (save for Berto) have all gone thru wars with each other (throw Manny in the mix now).

Manny with his superstitious beliefes about giving blood too close to a match, walking away from a potential $40 mili payday (see above), the guy says himself that "Floyd's style is not that hard".......and faces a human "heavy bag" for his guaranteed purse of $12mili.

I personally SAY BOTH ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHERS' EXCUSE.

Floyd went about the whole OST all wrong....and Manny's Team (Roach, Arum and Ariza) diddn't make things any better with all their comments.

Both need to man up, either take the tests or eliminate the tests....and just get it on. You could use the same argument for both.....

Floyd: "I am the greatest fighter of my generation, I am greater than Sugar Ray, Ali etc.....but I want to make sure that I am fighting guys on a level playing field" - Should walking away from the biggest payday of your career because a "1 dimensional fighter" decided not to agree to OST (remember Manny agreed to unlimited urine/hair analysis and blood testing up to 30days and immediately after the fight in the locker room).

Manny: "He is trying to give me a bad name, ruin /defame my character by accusing me of using PEDs". - OK...take the tests to prove you are clean. But not so simple, maybe having the bad experiences in the past (soreness in arm, bruising, etc...) may have not let him be at 100%. But with conflicting reports as recent as the Clottey fight that Manny was destroying sparring partners the day after giving blood, that should end that. Again, career payday walked away from due to accusations of PED use?

I'm sure I missed a couple of things here and there, but I'll leave that to everyone to fill in the blanks......

Manny and his superstitions

Comment

Floyd! End Thread!

Comment

Both.....

Comment

Manny and his superstitions

Comment

Definitely Manny. But it's not actually superstition. It just plain fear of Mayweather. He's scared.

Comment

Pacquiao's superstitions.

When Mayweather retired:
              Mosley had lost against Cotto the month before his fight with Hatton.
              Berto was a rising star, not well known.
              Margarito had lost to Paul Williams.
              Williams lost to Quintana 2 months after Mayweather's fight with Hatton.
              Clottey was fighting on Versus.

Mayweather-De La Hoya 2 was next for him, so the Cotto fight wasn't going to happen. Cotto would face Margarito and lose. He's back at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiasco View Post
                Definitely Manny. But it's not actually superstition. It just plain fear of Mayweather. He's scared.
                Wouldn't it be the other way around?

In Floyd's eyes...Manny is doing something HE DOESN'T BELIEVE is possible...so he is under the assumption that he isn't clean...then accuses him (indirectly by demanding OST).

In Manny's eyes, he is right to think Floyd is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' bro View Post
                  Floyd! End Thread!
                  Floyd came back and fought the guy who outboxed Manny twice and is fighting the guy who Team Pac said was too good for Manny.

Floyd has fought better competition since he came back.

Comment

Manny has consistantly fought the best available....whereas Floyd has not. End of thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X