No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Admits Tony Thompson Rematch is Next Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wladimir Admits Tony Thompson Rematch is Next Move

IBF/WBA/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (57-3, 50KOs) has confirmed that his next opponent is going to be mandatory challenger Tony Thompson (36-2, 24KOs). Klitschko previously knocked Thompson out in eleven rounds in 2008. Since then, Thompson has won five straight, all by knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

pffffffffffffffffffffft.

should have just fought mormeck & thompson on the same night, save some time.

Comment

awwww i wanted arreola to be next....

fuuk it just wait tell end year

Comment

and this, friends, is why the heavyweight division is at it's worst in...maybe ever!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            IBF/WBA/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (57-3, 50KOs) has confirmed that his next opponent is going to be mandatory challenger Tony Thompson (36-2, 24KOs). Klitschko previously knocked Thompson out in eleven rounds in 2008. Since then, Thompson has won five straight, all by knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]
            My comment is that the headline is very misleading. Klitschko "admits"...... Was he cornered by journalists and pounded with questions....or what??

The guy was asked a question and he gave an answer. Maybe that's too easy for a journalist. There was no story there at all. This match has been talked about with Klitschko a few times already in the past months. It's about time they began to restore some proper reporting standards.

Comment

Thinking about the first fight makes me frown.

Comment

can someone tell me what is wrong with this fight? and why Chris Arreola? Tony Thompson has got 5 KO's in a row now and fighting just as good competition as Chris Arreola. Tony out punched Wladimir punch stat wise

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  and this, friends, is why the heavyweight division is at it's worst in...maybe ever!
                  No.

This is how the sanctioning organizations like the IBF and WBA are hurting the HW division.

Thompson should have had to beat someone better than Maurice Harris to earn his mandatory status (someone like Boytsov, Perez, Mitchell, Pulev, Dimitrenko, Helenius, Arreola, etc).

Comment

HW division is so weak they have to recycle the tomato cans they already beat
                    Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X