Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting a dumbbell with your teeth against head injuries

hey ppl,

i saw this post on http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...in-review.html

at the bottom of the post u can see a video of a guy holding a dumbbell with his teeth. which comes to think of it, is actually pretty smart, because like the post says, is very beneficial against concussions and head injuries: a strong neck and strong jaw.

concussions and head injuries, which occur in the boxing ring too of course.

what you guys think of this? i might try it out with like a 5 - 10 lb dumbbell.

If you're looking to strengthen your neck, you need to get a head harness like the one pictured below.

As for the guy in the video, he's a ******. That **** cannot be good for your teeth.

Comment

well that's just for your neck. he's doing it with his teeth, to also strengthen his jaw. i think that's pretty smart, because your jaw is actually where you get hit more instead of just your neck.

apparently the dude started out with a light weight and worked his way up like that. i donno if it's smart, but the other alternative is chewing a lot of gum, i guess?

Comment

You do understand that having healthy and strong teeth is also a factor in being able to take punches?

That will ruin your teeth and have you wearing false ones by age 40.

Comment

hahaha guess you're right, i didnt try it anyway. i was just doing some jaw flexing exercises.

Comment

I've seen some thai boxers use a leather strap tied to a weight. They bite on the leather strap and do neck exercises. They said it also strengthens the jaw. I've never tried it but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it.

Comment

yeah i like this idea. i know raushee warren does this too. i may give it a try.

Comment

Working...
              X