Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather has to fight elite welters, but Pac doesn't have to fight elite JWWs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ok, he'll fight elite welterweights instead.

Comment

Pac is doing Mayweather's job for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
        I didn't say that Manny didn't beat the top guys. I'm saying that people expect Floyd Mayweather to be cleaning out divisions, but not Manny.

Before Floyd retired he took on De La Hoya and Hatton. This was after the Judah and Baldomir fights (who at the time, were top welterweights).

Now comparing with Pacquiao. He beat David Diaz at 135, then went up for super fights with DLH and Hatton, just like Mayweather. And again, I don't blame Pac for taking those fights. But no one said "Oh Pac has to beat an elite LW, or clean out LW or JWW" did they? No, because people like Manny Pacquiao.
        if fighers are fighting 6 times a yr then yeah they'd have a chance to clean out divisions. odlh called out pac after diaz, who wouldnt jump on the multimillion dollar opportunity? after that, the best JWW and an elite WW. what more could you ask for? at pac and floyds star level it's only big fights. the diff is floyd isnt fighting anyone live in his weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
          Not only Jr WW. What did he do at 135?
          Nothing but avoid an immediate JMM rematch to fuk w/ that sorry ass David Diaz.

Ducking his daddy JMM.

Comment

peopel just hate floyd because he's cocky..his resume is solid but they give him no credit...and they never will...true pacman beat hatton the linear champ at 140,floyd beat baldo the linear champ at 147..pacman went to ww(but at a catchweight)and beat a top 3 ww in cotto..floyd went to 154(no catchweight) and beat oscar a top 3 at 154..both deserve credit..but floyd fighting pacman SHOULD silence all doubt...but i know it wont

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
              At the time Hatton was the top junior welter weight. Pacquiao fought him and so did Mayweather. Pacquiao fought one of the best welterweight in cotto and won. Who else would you want PAcquiao to fight?
              I'm not saying anything about either one's choices of opponent of quality of opposition. I'm merely pointing out the double standard at play.

People expect Floyd to fight elite welters and clean out the division, but see no problem in Manny not cleaning out divisions.

Again, I don't care. To me they're both ATGs and deserve a lot of respect in the sport. Their choices in opponents make the most business sense and in the end, I can't fault a man for trying to make money. All I'm saying is people need to separate Floyd the fighter from Floyd the person. Floyd is an *******, and too many people take that into consideration when they judge him as a fighter.

Comment

I didn't say that Manny didn't beat the top guys. I'm saying that people expect Floyd Mayweather to be cleaning out divisions, but not Manny.

Before Floyd retired he took on De La Hoya and Hatton. This was after the Judah and Baldomir fights (who at the time, were top welterweights).

Now comparing with Pacquiao. He beat David Diaz at 135, then went up for super fights with DLH and Hatton, just like Mayweather. And again, I don't blame Pac for taking those fights. But no one said "Oh Pac has to beat an elite LW, or clean out LW or JWW" did they? No, because people like Manny Pacquiao.
                Man havent you heard? Its cause Manny had to struggle and earn everything unlike Mayweather who was born into a boxing family.............err..wait thats not it....

Its because Manny has been the only fighter in the world to weight 116lbs at the age of 16.........errrr damn..thats not it either

Comment

find me ONE post where people are asking him to clean up the WW division. All I see are boxing fans asking for Floyd to fight a top WW. Has he done that?

Comment

Well said

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                      Pac is doing Mayweather's job for him.
                      And in return, Mayweather will do everyone else's job and beat up Pacquiao for them

a favor for a favor

Comment

Working...
                      X