Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of headphones are you rockin'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have the audeze LCD 2 mated to a decware zen taboo...

awesome combo... (for desktop)

senn HD25-1 and decware ZH-1 for on the go...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      i have the audeze LCD 2 mated to a decware zen taboo...

awesome combo... (for desktop)

senn HD25-1 and decware ZH-1 for on the go...
      damn man, for that kinda loot i would have gone electro static.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        damn man, for that kinda loot i would have gone electro static.
        u mean those staxes? the omega costs around $5,000 man... thats the highest end electrostatic... then u must consider the amp for it which is the blue hawaii from headamp with additional $5000 again...

the audeze LCD 2 orthodynamic which covers more musical genres with aplomb is $1000 plus the taboo is around 1500...

its actually a no brainer when it comes to choice... the stax is superior for orchestras and operas though... but for the music i listen to, the LCD 2 / zen taboo combo pretty much delivers a superb performance...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
          tis the first thing that allways goes.

but higher quality head phones usually have replaceable cords just for that reason.

my senheiser 650 and 580 both have replaceable cords, if the cord breaks i just order a new one online for like 20$'s.

and im pretty sure most of the beats by dre have replaceable cords.
          It's cool, luckily I am not so into my music have have decided that standard headphones are OK. ATM I am listening to lectures.

Comment

u mean those staxes? the omega costs around $5,000 man... thats the highest end electrostatic... then u must consider the amp for it which is the blue hawaii from headamp with additional $5000 again...

the audeze LCD 2 orthodynamic which covers more musical genres with aplomb is $1000 plus the taboo is around 1500...

its actually a no brainer when it comes to choice... the stax is superior for orchestras and operas though... but for the music i listen to, the LCD 2 / zen taboo combo pretty much delivers a superb performance...
            nah im talking about "cheap" koss ones for around 1k amp included.

Comment

The ones that came with my iPhone.

Comment

What sort of music do you listen to?

And for headphones like that, how do you find audio files with high enough quality to get the full benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                  What sort of music do you listen to?

And for headphones like that, how do you find audio files with high enough quality to get the full benefit?
                  oh man... from world music of buena vista social club to massive attack to sarah maclachlan to thrash metal...

i have a vinyl collection playing through a rega RP3 turntable... it works wonders with great recordings like the buena vista social club and female vocals of omarra portoundo...

but if im quite lazy to set up my turn table, i just hook up my mac to a nuforce HDP and the zen taboo playing regular ALAC files... i haven't taken the plunge for 96 / 24 files... i feel im perfectly fine with 48 / 16

Comment

some sennheiser ones...really good

Comment

oh man... from world music of buena vista social club to massive attack to sarah maclachlan to thrash metal...

i have a vinyl collection playing through a rega RP3 turntable... it works wonders with great recordings like the buena vista social club and female vocals of omarra portoundo...

but if im quite lazy to set up my turn table, i just hook up my mac to a nuforce HDP and the zen taboo playing regular ALAC files... i haven't taken the plunge for 96 / 24 files... i feel im perfectly fine with 48 / 16
                      I think i have dark side of the moon and thriller ripped from record in 96/24, i use my music for alot more then just sitting at home listening, so since 96/24 isnt ipod compatiable even in alac i stay away from it. they do sound alittle better though.

Comment

Working...
                      X