• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a good move for him, i think 140 is his weight

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
      ^^^^ he want none of the welter elite
      I beleve he does want the welter elite but he cant get a fight there right now with the Pac Floyd negotiations going on and Mosley just fought. I would like to see him fight the winner of Pac Floyd if we ever get it

Comment

why would he do that when he aint even that good at his natural weight...

Comment

He should fight Zab. Zab ain't making 140, no matter what he says. His last fight was at 145 and the one against Jose Armando Santa Cruz will be at 143. Or he should fight Bradley at 147 in the Fall if a Cotto fight doesn't happen and Bradley doesn't have a big fight at 140. That would be a good rematch (last time they met up was in the amateurs, where Berto won by decision).

Comment

he's to big for 140. He's short, but physically to big for 140. I think he knows that the top WW's (even Marg) beat him, and he is trying to run away from 147 until the top dawgs leave

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
              why would he do that when he aint even that good at his natural weight...
              To gain a bigger size and power advantage over his potential foes.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                To gain a bigger size and power advantage over his potential foes.
                He would only be bigger in size. The guys at their natural weight at 140 like Devon or Maidana would punch harder. Also he wont have the speed the top 140 boys have.
                I reckon Berto has a better chance at success at WW even with PWill and Marg. He will retain his muscle mass and hit harder than at JWW.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                  He would only be bigger in size. The guys at their natural weight at 140 like Devon or Maidana would punch harder. Also he wont have the speed the top 140 boys have.
                  I reckon Berto has a better chance at success at WW even with PWill and Marg. He will retain his muscle mass and hit harder than at JWW.
                  I agree.

I was commenting on what Berto is thinking and not what the reality is.

But Berto vs any top JWW would be pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X