Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dec 4th, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Kelly Pavlik at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, junior is stepping up bigtime.......why cant all juniors be all like that?.....

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Steve Kim tweeted that Top is really strongly considering making this fight.

What do you guys think about this fight?
      That is a really good matchup and Jr is the kind of fighter that suits Pavlik's style- not a slick side to side boxer but an up front boxer/puncher. Arum must think that Pavlik is washed up but he can KO Jr with one punch....I can see Jr losing this fight.

Comment

Do people really like JCC jr that much, that they could fill up the stadium? How many people seen him at the Alamodome? If I was Pavlik I'd take it, JCC is an okay name and he could probably ice him and have a nice lil clip for the highlight reel to bank onto a bigger fight in the future, good confidence builder. Top Rank probably knows JCC jr is at his peak and they can't really feed him bums anymore and the fans accept it, so it's a good money maker. Good for all parties.

Comment

Talk about a step up for Chavez.

Well, he showed marked improvement after training with Roach for only a short period...who knows, he might level up again after a proper training session with him.

Id be up for it, and Pavlik does have some obvious flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Jcc jr gets derailed badly here horrible match up for him.
            Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
            Rubio had a better shot.

I'd favor Rubio over Chavez.
            All my points on JCC if the fight happens.

He'll abuse Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post

He'll abuse Pavlik.
              I'll take that bet if the fight gets signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post

He'll abuse Pavlik.
                No chance, Jacky. JCC gets hit a lot, so he probably will run into a heavy punch and he isn't crafty at all. Pavlik would toy with that boy.

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaIce View Post
                  Steve Kim is full of ****, Top Rank will never risk JC Jr. they will feed him a few more bums and then they will give hhim another contender. Pavlik need to be re-build and he is headed for 175 pounds with a short stop at 168.
                  thats what i think.
                  BUTT...how bout a joke cesar jr/ jermaine taylor ..
                  Last edited by STEELHEAD; 07-11-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I'd pick Pavlik because he is more seasoned, and experienced then Chavez. Yes Chavez looked good in his last fight, and Pavlik looked bad, but one must examine the guys they fought b4 using this as a measuring stick for the outcome of this fight. Nevertheless, I doubt top rank will put jr in there with pavlik because it's a high risk low reward fight. If I was going to risk my cash cow against somebody it would be Cotto because the "Mexican-PR" rivalry sells, and the reward is worth the risk.

Comment

Why not make this fight. Duddy was going to fight Pavlik but he lost to Lyle. Now Pavlik has lost to Martinez and Chavez has beaten Duddy. This fight actually makes sense. More sense then Pacquiao vs Margarito does. Do Pavlik vs Chavez jr and Foreman vs Duddy on the same card Top Rank PPV card. Then Go to HBO with the winners for Martinez and Williams. Then you have a whole slew of even younger talent waiting for the winners of those. I need a job!

Comment

Working...
                      X