Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate movies where you have to make up your own ending.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally like movies where you draw your own conclusion.

I don't like it when you are spoon fed everything, it inhibits us from using our imagination, and thinking for ourselves.

Now I don't think it should be ambiguous to the point of being lazy - you can distinguish between poor writing, and bad editing (and sometimes laziness), and the director simply wanting to leave the viewers to draw their own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      I dont like when people say No Country for Old Men had a bad ending because it was pretty definitive considering the theme of the movie
      Worse than the true doghsit of an ending that this movie had are the egghead pseudo-intellectuals who claim they thought it (the ending) was great.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        Worse than the true doghsit of an ending that this movie had are the egghead pseudo-intellectuals who claim they thought it (the ending) was great.
        Lol I know the type you speak of. . But I really did think that was a great movie.

I don't see what's so ambiguous about it. To me it's pretty clear what happened: SPOILERS BELOW. . . .

Tommy Lee Jones pussied out (he knew Sugah mang' was in there). . . Sugah mang wasted Carla Jean. . . He crashes the car, and dipsets. . . As far as how you want to take what the ending means in a literal, and metaphorical sense - it's up to you. I saw it as simple as the title: This is no country for old men. . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Lol I know the type you speak of. . But I really did think that was a great movie.

I don't see what's so ambiguous about it. To me it's pretty clear what happened: SPOILERS BELOW. . . .

Tommy Lee Jones pussied out (he knew Sugah mang' was in there). . . Sugah mang wasted Carla Jean. . . He crashes the car, and dipsets. . . As far as how you want to take what the ending means in a literal, and metaphorical sense - it's up to you. I saw it as simple as the title: This is no country for old men. . .

It was a great 3/4 of a movie. The last 1/4 the film just devolves into a non-happening. I really didn't need the Coen Bros or a few hours in a theater to tell me some MUNDANE **** about the way life is.
          Last edited by jabsRstiff; 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I liked the Sopranos ending because it left the possibility of the show returning one day.

Comment

It was a great 3/4 of a movie. The last 1/4 the film just devolves into a non-happening. I really didn't need the Coen Bros or a few hours in a theater to tell me some MUNDANE **** about the way life is.
              Haha I feel ya. . . It definitely wasn't anything groundbreaking in that regard (some deeper understanding of life).

Comment

Why wasn't the ending great?

An old man comes to realise that he has no place in a world where nothing is valued and nothing is guaranteed. It fits in with the nihilistic tone of the movie. In fact the ending is rather arbitrary in No Country For Old Men.

Would you have preferred Chigurh to have busted into his farm before making him and his wife flip a coin before painting the walls with his air-gun?

Hell that would have been cool, but then again, the impact of the movie would have been lost.
                Last edited by BetterCallSaul; 10-11-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Wow. A lot of unimaginative pricks in here.

Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    Why wasn't the ending great?

An old man comes to realise that he has no place in the world where nothing is valued and nothing is guaranteed. It fits in with the nihilistic tone of the movie. In fact the ending is rather arbitrary in No Country For Old Men.

Would you have preferred Chigurh to have busted into his farm before making him and his wife flip a coin before painting the walls with his air-gun?

Hell that would have been cool, but then again, the impact of the movie would have been lost.

I never actually thought of what the ending should have been. But, I at least believe it should have had an actual ending. "An old man comes to realise that he has no place in the world where nothing is valued and nothing is guaranteed." Sorry, but that is a message that did not need to be sent and keeps the movie from being the four star "masterpiece" folks like to pretend it is.

For the record, "Fargo" is the Coen Bros' masterpiece.

Comment

lol, inception has a definite ending

edit: nvm, just rewatched the ending, in retrospect the top wobbled more and there was sound that it fell after the screen went black, wtf brain
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-11-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X