No announcement yet.

panic attacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panic attacks

i was lookin at how i broke down in training on saturday and started thinking back to my past cause there was something familiar about it but i couldn't figure out the connection until today.

You see, I used to suffer from back anxiety (panic) attacks (but it has been years since i've had a bad one). I had then extremely bad about 3-4 years ago and not quite as bed 2 years ago. I never took meds for it and just toughed it out till they seemed to go away or i would only have them on occasion but i hadn't had any in a LONG time.

My boxing coach was having me dig into my past tryin to look at my emotional state through relationships of self worth or stuff with my parents. it kinda made sense but it wasn't it.

now that i know what it is i would definately talk to him about it, but it would seem that me goin up to him now (a couple days after the fact) it would seem like a bunch of excuses.

i really dunno what to do about this. I know i need to relax but that doesn't come easy to me at all.

I'm a high tension person. and at the moment i'm supper stressed.

I got a fight in 3 weeks, finals in 4 weeks, a mid semester exam tomarrow, i had an exam today, my weight loss is goin off track.

anyone else ever have to deal with this?

hey man, i kno exactly what ur goin through. im probably not the same age, and i wasn't goin throuh the same things, but the level of stress is definitely their.

during wrestling season, i had to constantly cut weight, and would have two dual meets a week, and a tournament on the weekend. on top of that i have a helluva lot of homework.

for me the best thing to do was to take it one day at a time, or one task at a time. just do what u got to do each day, and when your done with that, think about what ur gonna do tomrow, and make a plan and get it done. in about a month or so you ll be lookin back and wonderin why you were so stressed.

i hope you do well with your exams, and fight, good luck. i hoped this helped a little.

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

i got it Curly

Comment

ok

Comment

Originally posted by ablunt
            hey man, i kno exactly what ur goin through. im probably not the same age, and i wasn't goin throuh the same things, but the level of stress is definitely their.

during wrestling season, i had to constantly cut weight, and would have two dual meets a week, and a tournament on the weekend. on top of that i have a helluva lot of homework.

for me the best thing to do was to take it one day at a time, or one task at a time. just do what u got to do each day, and when your done with that, think about what ur gonna do tomrow, and make a plan and get it done. in about a month or so you ll be lookin back and wonderin why you were so stressed.

i hope you do well with your exams, and fight, good luck. i hoped this helped a little.
            Yeah, you've got a lot on your plate right now, so there's a lot to think about. The thing is, if you go from one stressful event to the next, your mind can get carried away with the stress, and it snowballs, leading to a panic attack. Don't jump from one stressful thought to the next. Cut it off at the first one, and take a break or distract yourself before thinking about something else you have to deal with...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwipe
              Yeah, you've got a lot on your plate right now, so there's a lot to think about. The thing is, if you go from one stressful event to the next, your mind can get carried away with the stress, and it snowballs, leading to a panic attack. Don't jump from one stressful thought to the next. Cut it off at the first one, and take a break or distract yourself before thinking about something else you have to deal with...
              this man is correct

Comment

Originally posted by ablunt

Nice advice, but I think Vulgar's panic attacks are more of a clinical problem. Yours seem to be more of a the type of stress brought on by extreme physical and emotional demands.
                If you suffer from panic attacks, then most likely your doctor would probably have given you Paxil or a similar type of drug. But that's just to help you cope with the attacks. They don't correct the problem. The best way to deal with the attacks is to learn more about what caused them and why they occur. Usually they're brought on by some sort of traumatic event that happened in your past.

Comment

As someone who has had panic attacks, it is EXACTLY like you describe Vulgar. You often don't realise or know what is happening until after the event has passed. The key to solving and dealing with panic attacks is to address the root cause. I haven't had a panic attack for almost a full year but that is because I dealt with the situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X