Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mayweather stay at 147 permanently or keep moving up and down between 147/154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Mayweather stay at 147 permanently or keep moving up and down between 147/154?

I am a bit concerned about Mayweather. I feel like he is too small to fight at 154 and he is only 5'8. He can't even make the weight so why should he fight at that weight? I think he is getting too old to be doing this type of stuff. He should stick to one weight class, his natrual weight class which is 147 and fight people like Pacquiao, Marquez, Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley etc.

But if the 154lbs want some of Mayweather he can arrange a catch weight of 150lbs. That seems fair to me. If he was younger and not fading like he is I would say go up and down between 147/154.

What do you guys think?

You know I'm a Pretty Boy Floyd fan because I'm Pretty Boy Swag and us pretty boys like pretty boy floyd, pretty boy swag, and justin bieber gotta watch out for each other.
    147 only his natural weight
    52.63%
    147/154 Move up and down
    21.05%
    147 and catch weights at 150 against 154 pounders
    10.53%
    154 only
    15.79%

If exist risk(KO's Punishers) on 147 mayweather moves to 154 or viceversa

If exist risk at 147 and 154 Mayweatheres Retires again jajaja

THIS IS YOUR NUMBER ONE FRAUD BY FRAUD TITLEHOLDER
    Last edited by Bitel Diamond; 01-26-2013, 04:21 AM.

Comment

He needs to fight Guerrero, Bradley and Alexander at 147. I pick Mayweather via UD againts the 23 yrs.old Canelo Alvarez. Let's see Alvarez againts a slick southpaw like Austin Trout.
      Last edited by BlackSnakeMamba; 01-26-2013, 04:42 AM.

Comment

He'll fight where the piles of green are the biggest. If there is one thing we should all know about Mayweather by now it's that he likes his money and if he can fight at 154 for substantially more he'll fight at 154. It's of course risk/reward and if the difference on payment isn't substantial he'll fight at 147.

Comment

If he's going to keep ducking the Prime 154 pounders than his ducking A$$ needs to stay at 147 and fight the Guerrero's The dumb Ortiz or Maggalani type fighters ( gotta Protect that Zero )

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Tyson23 View Post
            He needs to fight Guerrero, Bradley and Alexander at 147. I pick Mayweather via UD againts the 23 yrs.old Canelo Alvarez. Let's see Alvarez againts a slick southpaw like Austin Trout.
            Actually Canelo will have a much easier time with Trout than Mayweather. Trout being bigger will be much easier to land his hard left hooks to the body than Mayweather

Comment

Just retire already

Comment

Just get the biggest fights possible against the most relevant opponents and then retire.

There isn't much moving up and down anyway, who thinks he's going to fight on after 2013? He pretty much has Guerrero and Canelo lined up and that's pretty much the end of his career.

45-0.

Comment

Floyd should just retire after this year
                  last fight left for him to prove something was Pac
                  he ducked that until someone else stole it out from under him
                  there's credible wins for him still, but not much proving ground
                  Guerrero and Alvarez are perfectly ok for him to fight
                  just beat them and go out

Comment

He has the light middleweight belt

So he either gives up the belt or fight a few legit 154lb'ers or guys who are willing to drop to 154lb's example Martinez.

I have nothing against floyd and he gets my praise when its justified, but if he can fight cotto at 154 then he shouldn't be able to say who he does, and doesn't fight at 154. So he should fight at both weights

Comment

Working...
                    X