Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch willing to fight Sergio Martinez at catchweight, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a terrific matchup, I'd love to see it happen. With that being said, I think I'd favor Martinez in a SD. I think he'd be able to box Froch for most of the fight, losing some of the mid rounds closely. The reason I say that is because I'm not sure if Froch will be weight drained trying to make 164.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Martinez beats Froch at a 164-166 catch-weight, and I'm pretty sure that Martinez would lose to Froch at 168.

Comment

Froch would stop him. He's a much better fighter than both Chavez and Pavlik.

Comment

they could do it at 168 and id still be picking martinez. skills pay the bills so they say, and froch is lacking in the skills department!!!

Comment

i'll take Martinez at 164. never know how the extra weight loss will affect froch.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              I would actually take Froch I like Martinez but not as much as others on here. If Froch can make it ugly and get rough with Martinez I can see Martinez folding cause he gets tired. Froch can beat Martinez IMO.
              Are you kidding me?

Comment

I honestly dont see Sergio taking the fight! I have seen nothing that would convince me that he his willing to move up in weight (even at a catchweight) to face anybody. The only thing that constantly comes out of his mouth is moving down in weight.

Next- Where would this fight take place? If this fight takes place in England, I dont see Sergio surviving (catchweight or not). More than likely, thats where it will take place so it could generate the money

Comment

Martinez would never fight Froch, Ward etc. Too busy trying to fight Welter weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                    Martinez would never fight Froch, Ward etc. Too busy trying to fight Welter weights.
                    Is that right?? I've never really heard him mention anything about 147. Do you have a link to prove these raging accusations??

Comment

And Froch would sleep Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X