Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Virgil Hunter [aka Morpheus] be exactly what Khan needs in a trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Virgil Hunter [aka Morpheus] be exactly what Khan needs in a trainer?

Teaches a good jab, composure, great footwork, inside fighting, timing, defense etc... essentially everything Khan needs. He also has the ability to nurture amateur boxers into professional ones, Ward is proof of that.

Yeah I think he's a guy who knows the sport. IMO i would put Floyd Mayweather Sr atop of that list. but Ward both knows about to fight, and box! Roach get's then ready for the Olympic trials... :P

Comment

Virgil Hunter along with Roberto Garcia are arguably the two best trainers right now.

One of them has to win trainer of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Virgil Hunter along with Roberto Garcia are arguably the two best trainers right now.

One of them has to win trainer of the year.
        Now that Robert Garcia has added Pavlik to his ranks, he probably would be too busy to take on a demanding fighter like Khan as well. But yeah he too fittingly deserves to get the trainer of the year award, but I have Virgil Hunter a bit more deserving.
        Last edited by Dedication; 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          Now that Robert Garcia has added Pavlik to his ranks, he probably would be too busy to take on a demanding fighter like Khan as well. But yeah he too fittingly deserves to get the fighter of the year award, but I have Virgil Hunter a bit more deserving.
          IDk if Hunter is more deserving. But, I won't argue with him getting it....Again both are the 2 best going right now.

Comment

Either that or someone who will teach him to control range.

Though as he moves up, he will most likely be facing guys who are rangier than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
              Either that or someone who will teach him to control range.

Though as he moves up, he will most likely be facing guys who are rangier than him.
              Hence, why Hunter would be a good bet. I say that because, Ward had a shorter reach than Froch, Abraham, Green and Kessler yet still managed to out jab. But maybe that has more to do with Andre Ward himself...

Comment

Him or Robert. Roach is terrible for him. That ambush style only works for Pacq(not that pacq doesn't do other things that are great).

I think Sr. Would do a good job with Kahn.

Kahn need someone that would teach fundamentals and that can get him to add to his style of fighting. That ambush **** ain't going to do nothing but get him knocked out by people like berto and Ortiz. **** I would pick bam bam by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  Him or Robert. Roach is terrible for him. That ambush style only works for Pacq(not that pacq doesn't do other things that are great).

I think Sr. Would do a good job with Kahn.

Kahn need someone that would teach fundamentals and that can get him to add to his style of fighting. That ambush **** ain't going to do nothing but get him knocked out by people like berto and Ortiz. **** I would pick bam bam by KO.
                  I'm certain Hunter could do a really good job with Khan

Comment

Yup. Virgil is the best option for Amir.

Not Floyd Sr . He is too unreliable and is sick as ****, mentally and physically.

Comment

Working...
                    X