No announcement yet.

Is Cotto In Over His Head?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cotto In Over His Head?

A past prime former 140lb Title holder, coming off a real hard fight which he was stopped in, jumping up to a weight he's never fought at, and fighting a unbeaten peak title holder?

Thoughts, NSB.....

cotto only loses when he gets beaten down, foreman wont be able to do that...foreman gets TKO'd

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
      A past prime former 140lb Title holder, coming off a real hard fight which he was stopped in, jumping up to a weight he's never fought at, and fighting a unbeaten peak title holder?

Thoughts, NSB.....
      That's a good point. When you look at it from that standpoint it looks like Cotto is in over his head.

I think most (like myself) simply don't think too highly of Foreman.

Comment

Thoughts, NSB.....
        It would be an accomplishment if he does win having as you said never fought at 154 and beating an unbeaten world champion, but I think he will be fine and am not sold him being past prime just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          It would be an accomplishment if he does win having as you said never fought at 154 and beating an unbeaten world champion, but I think he will be fine and am not sold him being past prime just yet.
          Wow, really???????????

Comment

No he isn't.

Being in over his head as I se it would mean he would have slim to none chances which Idon't believe.

Foreman while world class has yet to prove he's really good,yes he impressively beat the shadow of Santos but even past his best Cotto will certainly be better than him.
            If Manny Steward can get him back on track and correct his defensive gap up the middle and make him the old Cotto which he says I'm sure he can win.

Comment

Wow, really???????????
              He has only had 2 losses and is what 28 or 29, just look at our HW champ who has had 3 losses by stoppages too and his only now in his prime at 34.

Comment

Thoughts, NSB.....
                id be more convinced that foreman would win if he had More KOs...but i got a good feeling Cottos going to pull it off..

Comment

I think it's a bad style match up for Cotto. The consensus is that Foreman isn't a hard puncher, but that's in the sense of fighting OTHER 154lb fighters. I think Cotto's got some fight left in him, but we can't deny that there are kinks in Cotto's armor at this point in his career. Yuri isn't a phenomenal fighter, but IMO he's got enough to cause Cotto some problems with his constant movement and size and reach advantage.

To me, this is Cotto's fight to win. If he can assert himself and get a good rhythm going, I definitely give him a chance. But I'm goin with my gut on this one and pickin Foreman by UD.

...and I like Cotto too

Comment

Working...
                  X