No announcement yet.

i enjoyed chambers dimitrenko,but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i enjoyed chambers dimitrenko,but...

i think it says alot about the state of the HW division today,chambers impressed me with his willingness to fight but i could never see the hype with dimitrenko-the fight was more entertaining than any of wlads recent outings but if these r the type of guys who he will be defending against in the future-dont expect to be entertained

All I can say is, having missed any threads on the fight due to only watching it today, that I was gutted about Sascha's poor showing on the night... Well, downright shocked actually. At the very least, I feel as though I can take consolation in the fact that he's young and didn't allow himself to be stopped. I'm not like these fickle twats who go all-out ****ting on a prospect after a bad night (i.e. Khan, Ortiz), so whenever he decides to bounce back I'll still be a firm supporter.

As for Chambers, he impressed me majorly. I already liked him after the Peter fight. His handspeed, for a HW, is refreshing to see - the 'Fast' moniker ain't wrong, for sure - but I don't think he'll give Wlad any trouble next year. If he moved more and didn't stay planted in one spot, he'd at least look better than Chagaev, but I don't see him landing anything great unless he presses the issue and takes a risk to get in close (which is what Haye could never possibly pull off). Even then, he'd only get picked off by that jab and be given a "pizzaface" on the way in.

I still think HW boxing is just fine. I don't agree with all the doom & gloom being spouted off. Oh, and Chambers will make Arreola look pathetic. :box2:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      All I can say is, having missed any threads on the fight due to only watching it today, that I was gutted about Sascha's poor showing on the night... Well, downright shocked actually. At the very least, I feel as though I can take consolation in the fact that he's young and didn't allow himself to be stopped. I'm not like these fickle twats who go all-out ****ting on a prospect after a bad night (i.e. Khan, Ortiz), so whenever he decides to bounce back I'll still be a firm supporter.

As for Chambers, he impressed me majorly. I already liked him after the Peter fight. His handspeed, for a HW, is refreshing to see - the 'Fast' moniker ain't wrong, for sure - but I don't think he'll give Wlad any trouble next year. If he moved more and didn't stay planted in one spot, he'd at least look better than Chagaev, but I don't see him landing anything great unless he presses the issue and takes a risk to get in close (which is what Haye could never possibly pull off). Even then, he'd only get picked off by that jab and be given a "pizzaface" on the way in.

I still think HW boxing is just fine. I don't agree with all the doom & gloom being spouted off. Oh, and Chambers will make Arreola look pathetic. :box2:
      Well said Pity.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

i totally agree with that

Comment

not to discredit Chambers' win b/c it was a good one, but Dimintrenko proved how worthless he was in this fight. IMO eddie ought to lose the other 8 pounds and fight at cruiser. 208 is WAY to small to fight against Wlad. and anything much heavier is too fat for chambers. Chris byrd syndrome

Comment

yea he was impressive , but does he have wat it takes to defeat the klits? no

Comment

I think Sasha threw the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
                i think it says alot about the state of the HW division today,chambers impressed me with his willingness to fight but i could never see the hype with dimitrenko-the fight was more entertaining than any of wlads recent outings but if these r the type of guys who he will be defending against in the future-dont expect to be entertained
                exactly, i said it right after the fight. when i first saw it (not live) after the first 2 rounds i fast forward to the twelfth waiting for Chambers to be UDed by Dimitrenko and after Chambers got the nod i knew there must have been KDs in the fight so it wasn't so bad but their styles are as boring as Wlad and the rest of them Heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                  exactly, i said it right after the fight. when i first saw it (not live) after the first 2 rounds i fast forward to the twelfth waiting for Chambers to be UDed by Dimitrenko and after Chambers got the nod i knew there must have been KDs in the fight so it wasn't so bad but their styles are as boring as Wlad and the rest of them Heavies.
                  the european heavies that is-gota give credit to guys like chambers and arreola pushing the fight they are entertaining guys

Comment

Working...
                  X