No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton on Martinez: He Was Forced To Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton on Martinez: He Was Forced To Fight Me

Carl Frampton insists Kiko Martinez was "forced" to defend his European title against him. Martinez twice pulled out of planned fights against Frampton, but the super-bantamweights are set to finally meet on 9 February after the Spaniard agreed to travel to Belfast's Odyssey Arena.

Frampton has questioned Martinez's appetite for battle and believes he would have avoided him if manager Barry McGuigan and promoter Eddie Hearn had not kept calling for the bout to take place.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frampton will eat him up in this fight!

Comment

After a little Google search of "Kiko Martinez", I stumbled upon an article about his upcoming fight against Carl Frampton on Boxing News 24 written by none other than Scott Gilfoid. Needless to say, the article was astonishingly poorly written.

Comment

This fight has been a long time coming.

Can't wait for Frampton in action again. He's one of my favourite prospects at the moment.

Comment

should be a good scrap, Frampton should take it although the 1st time they were scheduled to fight i picked kiko but Frampton has come along really well since then and looked world class against Molitor.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            should be a good scrap, Frampton should take it although the 1st time they were scheduled to fight i picked kiko but Frampton has come along really well since then and looked world class against Molitor.
            Same.

I was 50/50 when it was supposed to happen the first time but Frampton impressed me so much against Molitor.

I think he'll shine against Martinez but I'm still looking forward to it massively.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Same.

I was 50/50 when it was supposed to happen the first time but Frampton impressed me so much against Molitor.

I think he'll shine against Martinez but I'm still looking forward to it massively.
              Id be looking forward to it a lot more if i was at home and could go to it but im in England that weekend and wont be able to watch it on tv either but ill be setting the sky+ for it. Was away for the Molitor fight too. If the Quigg fight gets made and its in Belfast knowing my luck i'll be out of the country for that one too ffs! I reckon Frampton will let Kiko come at him and pick him of but he'll get his chin tested a few times in the process.

Comment

Id be looking forward to it a lot more if i was at home and could go to it but im in England that weekend and wont be able to watch it on tv either but ill be setting the sky+ for it. Was away for the Molitor fight too. If the Quigg fight gets made and its in Belfast knowing my luck i'll be out of the country for that one too ffs! I reckon Frampton will let Kiko come at him and pick him of but he'll get his chin tested a few times in the process.
                That's all I'm waiting on. Seeing how he takes a good hard shot.

He has the skills, speed, power, timing, conditioning, can fight going forward, backward, very complete.

Only question for me is his chin, he hasn't been wobbed yet I don't think but he hasn't really fought anyone who can punch. Martinez can punch so I guess we'll see.

Frampton-Quigg will be huge and it's definitely going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  That's all I'm waiting on. Seeing how he takes a good hard shot.

He has the skills, speed, power, timing, conditioning, can fight going forward, backward, very complete.

Only question for me is his chin, he hasn't been wobbed yet I don't think but he hasn't really fought anyone who can punch. Martinez can punch so I guess we'll see.

Frampton-Quigg will be huge and it's definitely going to happen.
                  ive got literally nothing to base this on, but i've a feeling he's got a damn good beard on him.

Comment

ive got literally nothing to base this on, but i've a feeling he's got a damn good beard on him.
                    I hope so.

We'll found out next month.

Comment

Working...
                    X