Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Rips Hopkins on HBO, Malignaggi-Mosley on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old man rant. He made some solid points though, can't argue with that.

Comment

Yeah, okay; Mosley doesn't deserve a title shot, BUT, Malignaggi versus Mosley is a real fun fight I think. Will defo watch it!

Comment

I agree. Why would hbo want to have possibly a record breaking performance on their network??

Comment

Arum and Schaefer only seem to make sense when they're criticising the other.

Comment

I agree 100% with Bob on this one. I Hopkins/Cloud and Mosley/Paulie and both garbage fights and insulting to fans. Nothing exciting lined up in 2013 so far besides this Saturday's card.

Comment

Man, i 1000% agree with Bob Arum. Too many young guys out here to be putting on these old folks who even if they were to win wouldnt lead to anything. They are wasting peoples HBO/ Showtime Subscription money with fights like these when there are better fights to be bought and made, like Viloria Marquez that was passed up. Bute Froch I, Froch Kessler II. But instead we get BS like Malignaggi Mosley?

But ofcourse this is coming from hypocrite Arum who let Shane fight PACMAN coming off of a drubbing from mayweather and a draw with Sergio Mora. He was obviously shot, but it didnt stop Arum from cashing in on a huge PPV. So yes i agree, and yes bob is a hypocrite. but he is right.

I am not saying Hopkins or Mosley dont have a chance to win their fights. But are they going to be good fights? and even in victory, what is the end game? Paying millions out to watch hopkins fight at 50? Those wins arent leading to any crowd pleasing, highly anticipated matchups.

Comment

Goes both ways Arum. Why would you put your cash cow in a fight with a guy no one had heard of (Bradley) and a guy he had beaten 3 times instead of making the biggest fight in the history of the sport?
                And why did you continue to back a guy that got caught with plaster wraps and put on PPV fights? Was that good for the sport?

Comment

Arum shut the hell up damn...if those fighters were making you money you'd be saying how great the fights were

Comment

I disagree with Arum here.

Hopkins generates good ratings for HBO. Golden Boy can use Hopkins name and ability to draw users as a platform to promote younger fighters on the undercard, like Keith Thurman who will also be fighting that night.

Mosley vs. Malignaggi is a **** fight but I think you have the same issue here. You can use big name fighters to draw viewers and put the younger up and coming guys on the undercards to help them build up their fanbases.

Comment

Mosley is terrible yet he just fought ya Boy Manny in 2011 after a loss and a draw and you hyped the hell out of that fight Arum....

Comment

Working...
                      X