Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma: I Told Gamboa To His Face, I Want The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma: I Told Gamboa To His Face, I Want The Fight!

WBO featherweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez is not afraid to accept the challenge of his WBA rival, Yuriorkis Gamboa. Last Saturday Lopez sat ringside in Atlantic City to watch Gamboa destory Jorge Solis in four rounds. Gamboa scored five knockdowns in the contest. Juanma is back on April 16, defending his title against Orlando Salido.

[Click Here To Read More]

Here we go again with the "if the money is right". Just get in there and keep fighting. And keep winning and the money will come.

Comment

I dont like it when he says "if the money is right", Why doesnt he say that when he was about to fight Marquez? He was ringside asking for the fight even though Marquez was done and war-torn, For the record i favour Juanma over Gamboa.

Comment

Bob Arum promotes both guys and he still won't make the fight.

I don't know why people ever thought that Nonito would be able to fight either Gamboa or Juanma if he stayed with Top Rank. Arum would probably make us wait 5 years for those matchups.

Comment

Arum should have juanma and gamboa fighting each other whoever wins the fight will make plenty of money in future fights and will walk away with 3 titles including the lineal championship (Ring Magazine). They gotta risk the 0's on there record for rewards later in future fights for the winner.

Comment

It's now or never, Gamboa's lackluster performances against Barros/ Salido killed alot of the hype, lets not gamble on Gamboa's inconsistency again. Do it now, also, I got Juanma in this.

Comment

Poor Juanma. Homeboy wont get credit unless he gets in there with Gamboa, but once he does hes gonna get splattered.

Comment

It's Bob's fault. I don't think he's saying if his money is right. He's speaking for Bob I think if he likes the money HBO is putting on the table like Bob said.

I got Lopez in this one too. Gamboa gets chin checked on a regular basis. Just wait to Lopez cracks that chin. I don't think he'll be just as quick to get up. If he does then we'll have ourselves a war! Which Lopez will win because Gamboa will get reckless as ****.

Comment

"the money right" is hurting all sports but it's killing boxing. It funny how the money right only gets said for risk but when fighters fighting a fight they should blow the guy out money isn't an issue. Jml says he will fight marquez again. FOR WHAT! He couldn't even consider it. Plus I only think he got in the ring b/c Gamvoa was bout to **** on him hard. & arum needs to cut it out & use some of that pacquiao money he making to make this happen. Hbo isn't the only network out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I dont like it when he says "if the money is right", Why doesnt he say that when he was about to fight Marquez? He was ringside asking for the fight even though Marquez was done and war-torn, For the record i favour Juanma over Gamboa.
                    I think he realizes Arum won't let them in the ring together. I don't doubt Lopez wants the fight, but they are kind of out of control of whether this fight happens right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X