No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Admits To 100K Motivation To Knock Ponce Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Admits To 100K Motivation To Knock Ponce Out

The featherweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC), Mexico's Jhonny Gonzalez, agrees with his countryman and upcoming opponent Daniel Ponce De Leon, that their contest on September 15th will not go the distance. Ponce De Leon predicted a victory by knockout when the two Mexican boxers trade punches at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

For a 100 K i will knock Gonzalez and Ponce de Leon at the same time..lol..

Comment

I find it comical to hear Johnny say the reason he's been knocked out is because he wasn't focused. How can you not be focused when you're fighting such caliber fighters like Israel Vasquez, Toshiaki Nishioka, and Gerry Peņalosa?

Comment

I admire De Leon for his big heart and his courage, but man this poor guy has one of the worst styles and defense I have ever seen. Gonzalez will most definitely via Knockout. And by the way, Juanma sucks and got exposed by a Mexican fighter.

Comment

They should have bonuses in all contract fights maybe we would see more knockouts.

Comment

This fight is all wrong for Ponce. Nacho and Jhonny will have the perfect gameplan for this slow southpaw. Gonzalez wins the 100 G'z Sep. 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
              I find it comical to hear Johnny say the reason he's been knocked out is because he wasn't focused. How can you not be focused when you're fighting such caliber fighters like Israel Vasquez, Toshiaki Nishioka, and Gerry Peņalosa?
              Johnny chose some stupid word's there but the fact is that Gonzalez was a toothpick when he was fighting at the lower weight's. At 126 the Nacho-Gonzalez combo is a well oiled machine, he's still big for the featherweight division I cant wait till he goes up to 130 to claim supremecy there.

Comment

Is not that he wasen't focused, is more like he didn't have "Don Nacho" in his corner...am prety sure that at this point in his career, he could easely avenge his losses by KO with a KO of his own. including Nishioka.

Comment

Reward incentives like the 100K Knockout Bonus being offered by GBP on this fight card, really do shed light on how much money can be made in professional prizefighting. That is $100,000.

Comment

Maybe personal stuff outside of boxing?

This 100K is gonna be the downfall of someone on this night. Someone is gonna try and get reckless going for the KO and they're gonna get caught.

Comment

Working...
                    X