No announcement yet.

FAO squealpiggy: Aggressive Atheism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
    christopher hitchens is my favorite athiest.
    eh i dont know alot of them seem like idiots ill have to check into that guy. most of what they do seems to be more mocking religion and then presenting their own personal theories as answers when their are already actual answers to some of the questions and their is no need for their personal theories.....

Comment

having a religion is fine. should not be mocked.
      I agree which is why I didn't partake in the international day of blasphemy last month. But at the same time there should be no more prohibition or taboo imposed on the mocking of religion than there is on the mocking of a political stance or personal philosophy. The notion of laws against blasphemy or any other curtailing of freedom of speach because of the superstitions of one group or another are in my mind completely unacceptable.

but then i watch expelled and heres stien interviewing him about the orgin of life and he goes into this whole thing about aliens and it really makes me wonder if we want this guy as one of the main spokesmen for athiests.....
      Well the Stein thing was actually a bull**** tactic by the makers of that crockumentary. He was asked by Stein if there was any scenario he might consider in which life on earth was in some way designed and Dawkins said that the only scenario he considers to be at all plausible is that of a hyper-intelligent alien race introducing life on earth, but he also pointed out that this race of aliens would have arisen through darwinian means from elsewhere in the universe. This was edited to make it look like he actually thinks that aliens produced life on earth. He doesn't. He just thinks that it is more likely than the magic lord jesus waving his dad's wand.

Dawkins also noted that he was not told what the film's title was and he had never heard of Ben Stein when the interview took place. The producers told Dawkins that the title was "Crossroads" and later explained that this was the movie's working title... despite the fact that the domains for "Expelled" had been purchased b y the filmmakers long before any interviews were conducted.

It's also worth noting that blogger and scientist PZ Myers was "expelled" from the premiere of the film, despite having an invitation to attend.

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/2394

The film was littered with lives including the central argument itself, the alleged shoddy treatment of "Intelligent Design" advocates by academia:

http://www.expelledexposed.com/

all i know is ive never had my saturdays disturbed by atheist strangers trying to convert me to a atheist
      What do you get if you cross an atheist with a Jehovah's Witness?

Someone who gets you out of bed 7am on a Saturday for NO REASON AT ALL.

Comment

The definition of hypocrisy

Comment

Originally posted by tbradf11 View Post
          The definition of hypocrisy
          ...is something that you don't know?

Comment

This atheist looks satanic.

Comment

Working...
            X