No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ioka's Handlers Officially Walk Away Roman Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ioka's Handlers Officially Walk Away Roman Gonzalez

fight between Roman Gonzalez and Kazuto Ioka is scheduled to go to purse bid on February 18, pitting arguably the two best sub-flyweight fighters in the sport against one another.

Gonzalez (34-0, 28 KO) held the WBA 105-pound title from 2008-10, moving up that year to win the interim belt at 108 pounds. In 2011, he became full champion at the weight, and is now considered "super champion" by the organization.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bring on Viloria! Too bad these weight classes don't get much exposure cause if he was to beat Viloria that would be HUGE. Same goes for Viloria.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Once I saw that it was taking long to make this fight I know they would not do it. They knew that Roman would have probably ruined their fighter. What the hell is next? Probably a stay busy fight where people will complain if it is not someone of note. smh

Comment

Gonzalez has one of the most padded records in boxing. He has more fights than Ioka but with the exception for Estrada, Chocalatito has pretty much only fight bums. Jimenez didn't even get paid when he fought Gonzalez because he didn't even try to fight.
        If Ioka's team didn't have faith in him to win this fight then they were probably right, but I'm really disappointed by this. I thought this would be a great fight.
        So does Ioka get stripped now? Hopefully he's willing to fight the Nietes Fuentes winner. Anyways I don't really blame him he does only have 11 fights, but I hope he stays busy.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          not surprised....ioka only has 11 pro fights and is still very young...roman gonzalez should have went after the viloria vs marquez winner (like he said he wanted to), but i guess he had second thoughts after seeing viloria demolish marquez..
          Gonzalez said hes moving up. Would you care to bet if the fight happens?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Disappointing but understandable

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              not surprised....ioka only has 11 pro fights and is still very young...roman gonzalez should have went after the viloria vs marquez winner (like he said he wanted to), but i guess he had second thoughts after seeing viloria demolish marquez..
              GTFOH with that ****.

Comment

When I saw the thread title I was half-expecting to see a picture of Ioka's people very formally walking away from Gonzalez. Disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                  When I saw the thread title I was half-expecting to see a picture of Ioka's people very formally walking away from Gonzalez. Disappointed.
                  Hahahahahaha well said, too many misleading article titles on here.

Comment

Ioka clearly ducking Chocolatito.

Comment

Working...
                    X