Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Pacquiao speed and reflexes suffer because he didn't spar Amir Khan?**BANNED**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Pacquiao speed and reflexes suffer because he didn't spar Amir Khan?**BANNED**

Pacquiao didn't seem as quick to me in this fight, even though Roach and others have said that it's the best they've seen him for a while. To me it seemed as if he had reduced speed and reflexes, and Lampley actually mentioned something like that in the commentary too. It could be because he no longer spars Amir Khan. Roach said a while ago that one of the reasons he used to like Khan sparring Pacquiao was to get Pacquiao's speed and reflexes up.

With better reflexes and speed, Pacquiao might not have been caught with the monster shots Marquez landed on him, he probably would have been quicker and more evasive. And if Marquez was unable to catch him with those bombs, there is a chance the outcome would be different.

That's only a theory of course, it might have been the same outcome because Marquez is one hell of a fighter and he showed in the past that he has what it takes to beat Pacquiao. But I do wonder if Pacquiao's speed and reflexes suffered because he didn't have the opportunity to spar Khan.
    Yes
    11.76%
    No
    76.47%
    Unsure
    11.76%

I think Pacquiao just got careless and walked into something he didn't see coming.

He looked like the same guy we'd seen since 2010 as far as speed and reflexes, but overall I thought it was the best I'd seen him since Clottey.

Comment

lol. no....

Comment

I don't even think Khan and Pac spar every camp anyway.

Comment

Pacquiao still has the fastest straight left hand in the sport.

It unbelievably quick and sneaky. You don't even have to blink to miss it.

His speed looked great to me.

Comment

Comment

No chance, after all, Bob gave him a "10" for sparring...

Comment

you guys always talk so much sht, even in the 3rd marquez fight, yet i never see this, he always seems fast as sht and motivated as hell for marquez

Comment

i thought he looked great untill ko
                  jmms power was just unheard of he was shaking up pac when hitting gloves and the body shots omg

jmm was also very fast
                  but sparing someon with reflexes like kahn cant hurt
                  i saw kahn fight live against paulie and i must say he was by far the fastest fighter hand speed wise i have ever seen and ive seen pac fight twice

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Pacquiao didn't seem as quick to me in this fight, even though Roach and others have said that it's the best they've seen him for a while. To me it seemed as if he had reduced speed and reflexes, and Lampley actually mentioned something like that in the commentary too. It could be because he no longer spars Amir Khan. Roach said a while ago that one of the reasons he used to like Khan sparring Pacquiao was to get Pacquiao's speed and reflexes up.

With better reflexes and speed, Pacquiao might not have been caught with the monster shots Marquez landed on him, he probably would have been quicker and more evasive. And if Marquez was unable to catch him with those bombs, there is a chance the outcome would be different.

That's only a theory of course, it might have been the same outcome because Marquez is one hell of a fighter and he showed in the past that he has what it takes to beat Pacquiao. But I do wonder if Pacquiao's speed and reflexes suffered because he didn't have the opportunity to spar Khan.
                    lunging in with head first has nothing to do with speed or reflexes, but more to do with poor ring IQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X