No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Chad Dawson Ends Hopkins' Rule, Mitchell Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Chad Dawson Ends Hopkins' Rule, Mitchell Wins

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City - “Bad” Chad Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) won a twelve round majority decision over Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins (52-6-2, 32 KOs) to capture the WBC light heavyweight championship. The scores were 117-111, 117-111 for Dawson and 114-114 for the draw.

[Click Here To Read More]

some really great photos. makes me want to throw one up as my avi. @ the pic with both dawson and bhops on the floor.

Comment

Why does Hopkins wear that mask to the ring when it's not even an executioner's mask? Just looks like he went shopping at a sky resort

Comment

I told all y'all that “Bad” Chad Dawson would beat Bernard “The Executioner” Hopkins easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Why does Hopkins wear that mask to the ring when it's not even an executioner's mask? Just looks like he went shopping at a sky resort
          Insecurity. By the way, I noticed that one of the pictures was printed twice....a duplication.
          Nice to see Hopkins once again crawling around the canvas. He must feel it's like a second home.

Comment

I know B-Hop was great and all but its just painfull to watch him these days. His attacks tonight consisted of 12 rds of holding Dawsons arms and using his head like a battering ram. Its gotten so there was almost no actual boxing from him. Its bloody frustrating and painful to watch. Please retire with our respect.

Comment

I just watched this fight, and I noticed a quip from Max Kellerman.

About midway through round 3, Max was talking about how Mitchell had come back from a bad round in round 1. He said "let's see if Witherspoon can turn the same trick."

Some analogy, Max!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Ski masks were on sale for 37 cents due to the lack on winter in PA

Comment

I have no idea what the judge that score the fight 114-114 got paid. The dirty old fighters brought combinations of headbutts .. the best shots of the fight and still is asking What did Dawson do.. How about beating you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                    I have no idea what the judge that score the fight 114-114 got paid. The dirty old fighters brought combinations of headbutts .. the best shots of the fight and still is asking What did Dawson do.. How about beating you.
                    I thought 117-111 was exactly spot on (the score of the remaining two judges).

There were two rounds (I think 2 and 6 maybe, don't remember) which I though Hopkins won clearly. I could have given Hopkins another round pretty easily. I don't think Hopkins won more than 3 rounds (I could see an argument for 4 maybe, no more). Dawson dominated the later rounds though (from 8 on or so).
                    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 04-29-2012, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X