Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson, Pavlik, or Johnson: Who would have the best chance of beating Calzaghe??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
    I almost have to go with Johnson, hes got a real good chin and he keeps on coming (no ****).
    I picked dawson cause of youth, but I still think calz beats him.

Comment

I have a hard time predictin what a calzaghe and dawson fight would look like.

Comment

Dawson could give him a tough fight but he won't beat Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
          very true but his defense sucks
          I wouldn't quite say his defense sucks. Dawson had a hard time getting around Johnson's high guard and he even tried creating openenings and had litte success with it, so he had to win the fight on work rate alone. Dawson is not a light puncher and Johnson's face showed no signs of punishment after the fight.

Comment

It's hard to say. If I chose "nobody" then I'd be labeled a 'nuthugger' (BoxingScene needs to censor this pathetic word), but I honestly don't see those guys beating him convincingly.

Pavlik shouldn't even be on the list, it's an insult to a Calzaghe. That would be Lacy-Calzaghe II, possibly even worse because Pavlik is white (no disrespect to white people) so he might end up looking a bloody mess.

I would probably say Dawson and Johnson could give Joe a great fight, but it's hard for me to see them coming out with a win. I think even a 37 year old, past prime Calzaghe could still teach them a thing or two. The guy doesn't know the meaning of the word 'lose', it's just not in his blood.

OK haters, flame away! I have my fireproof suit on already...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

its a tough call between Dawson and Johnson for me. I honestly don't know, either pick would be a good fight.

Comment

I think if Pavlik had a really good day he could beat Calzaghe...would have to be at MW or SMW IMO though.

Comment

I think Dawson does, because of his style and youth. But Johnson is too old and Pavlk should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with Calzaghe!!!!!

Comment

I don't really think Johnson has what it takes to beat Calzaghe anymore honestly, he's slowed down, his feet aren't as quick as they used to be and stylistically, Calzaghe is a bad fight for him because Johnson always waits for his opponents to finish punching before punching back himself, Tarver was able to outhustle him when he was at his best, Calzaghe would probably be able to outhustle him now and Johnson walks straight at his opponents, Calzaghe does his best work with those guys where he can get off 4 or 5 quick punches and turn them.

Dawson would present the most troubles IMO apart from Hopkins because of his youth, speed, combinations, jab, height and southpaw stance, Jones' speed gave Calzaghe some trouble early on in their fight but Jones can't sustain that type of speed anymore for a long duration, Dawson on the other hand can, his speed doesn't fade over the course of a fight and he throws quite a lot of punches in bunches, Dawson is also perhaps a more versatile fighter than Johnson which is what is needed against Calzaghe because of his adaptability.

Comment

I can't see anyone listed beating Calzaghe. The legendary Benard Hopkins would have the best shot, but in the end he would just beat hisself again because he don't have enough of a workrate. Calzaghe & Pacqiao offense pose threat for anyone because of thier speed & stamina which can sway judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X