No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Hoff View Post
    Defense or no defense, they keep us entertained. You can't say the same about RiWHO and Lara. There's a reason why they only have 5 fans.... Make it 6 now. Lmfao.

I appreciate the sweet science. If I wanted to see scrappy fights with two blokes off balance & throwing wildly with no defense, I'd sit outside the local chippy on a friday night.

I appreciate them both & love technical boxing. I do not find guys like Brandon Rios exciting or entertaining. There is only so much of the whole ''look how many punches I can block with my face'' I can stand.

For every 10,000,000 guys like Rios you'll be lucky to find one Lara or Rigondeaux.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      * 7 time Cuban national champion

* Two time world amateur champion

* Two time olympic gold medalist

* Has never been knocked down in sparring

* In 392 recorded amateur fights, he was never knocked down!

* Only fighter in history to win 100 fights consecutively, twice!

* WBA world champion in only his 7th pro fight.

* 11-0 as a pro, 8 K.Os 72.73% K.O ratio

* Has stopped or dropped every opponent he has faced as a pro

* No fighter he has ever faced has been able to land above 16% of their shots inc jabs (Only 2 have got over 10% Marroquinn & Corboda)

* In 54/58 rounds boxed as a professional his opposition have only been able to land 7 or less punches per round. (Marroquinn landed less than 5 punches in 7 of the 12 rounds & the most he landed was 10. Ramos landed 15/114 over a 6 round period - 13%, Corboda managed 78/506 - 15%)
      What happened to his chin? Maybe because the chin was protected in the amateurs. But this is the Pros, no headgear! No wonder he's going down multiple times in his short pro career!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        What happened to his chin? Maybe because the chin was protected in the amateurs. But this is the Pros, no headgear! No wonder he's going down multiple times in his short pro career!

A headguard won't protect your chin, if anything it probably makes it worse as it gives you a false sense of security and he hasn't been down multiple times as a pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
          Headgear mainly protects against cuts and bruises. What causes brain damage is the brain sloshing back and forth inside the skull. What causes knockouts is a momentary blackout brought on by a cerebral concussion. Headgear provides some protection against blows aimed at the temple, but none for the jawline. Therefore, headgear does not cover the chin.

Comment

• Well, well, well the Rigo fight is not finalised & three opponents are in the mix according to Bob Arum; Rigondeaux, Darchinyan & Mares.

We know it isn't Mares, hes not going to risk throwing Donaire in with Rigondeaux (its important he doesn't get a loss) so there we have it, the rematch of all rematches Darchinyan vs Donaire 2!

I still won't be surprised if its an even worse opponent but people will justify this farce ''Oh he is ranked in the top 10 so its a good fight!''

How on earth fans can justify it is beyond belief but we'll wait and see who it is. Can't wait for them to justify the bull**** selection with the ever so tedious ''Well Rigo aint fort nobody''

Comment

• Wonder what the odds are on Scott Quigg? He is top 10 right? And beat ATG and future HOF legend Rendall Munroe.

Oh that will be fireworks, I can really see how he'd deserve a shot over Rigo..

Last edited by dan_cov; 01-23-2013, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Well, well, well the Rigo fight is not finalised & three opponents are in the mix according to Bob Arum; Rigondeaux, Darchinyan & Mares.

We know it isn't Mares, hes not going to risk throwing Donaire in with Rigondeaux (its important he doesn't get a loss) so there we have it, the rematch of all rematches Darchinyan vs Donaire 2!

I still won't be surprised if its an even worse opponent but people will justify this farce ''Oh he is ranked in the top 10 so its a good fight!''

How on earth fans can justify it is beyond belief but we'll wait and see who it is. Can't wait for them to justify the bull**** selection with the ever so tedious ''Well Rigo aint fort nobody''
                Kinda like what's being done with the whole Broner-Rees and Mayweather-Guerrero situation, and a few others. The whole "he's top 10 hurr hurr" cop out is getting pretty pathetic.

If those are his three opponents to choose from, and he doesn't fight either Rigo or Mares I will no longer support him because he is a ducker.

Comment

Wonder what the odds are on Scott Quigg? He is top 10 right? And beat ATG and future HOF legend Rendall Munroe.

Oh that will be fireworks, I can really see how he'd deserve a shot over Rigo..

Don't rate Scott Quigg?

I think he's quite good.

Comment

• I've been saying not to get y'all hopes up or too excited for this fight. Even with rumors going around that it could be Rigo its looking very doubtful.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Eagerly awaiting Lucas Matthssye FACTS.

Comment

Working...
                      X