Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters you hated, but eventually became a fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just before the Hatton bout , i use to hate Mayweather like crazy. But after that match , i said man , that guy is jus too good for me to hate him. The way he broke Hatton down round by round was just beautiful to see. Been a fan ever since.

Comment

I wouldnt say hated, too strong a word, but i disliked watching mayweather or hopkins fight for a while.

Comment

I rooted for dlh against mayweather. this forum made me appreciate him though. fans hate his persona like the iron sheik in the 80s.

Comment

I never was a Floyd supporter, but years of debunking the idiotic crap Pinoy have been spamming about boxers, boxing, and boxing history for the last few years has made me become more tolerant of all boxers as a whole (however it has also made me entirely less tolerant of Filipinos )

Comment

Originally posted by laudium View Post
            For me, it was Oscar, but then when he got jacked in the Trinidad fight, I became a fan, then when I met him I became a bigger fan. He took time to sign autographs and talk to the fans.

Bernard Hopkins, I hated him when he disrespected Tito in Puerto Rico and threw the flag on the ground, but then he apologized and his run after the Tito win was quite impressive, became a huge fan after he destroyed Tarver.

Manny Pacquaio - I didnt like the guy at first, but he is not a bad dude and brought some exciting fights that was well worth the PPV.

Now, call me a hater, but I never liked MAyweather and I will never like him, although I admit he is one of the best of our time, I will always root for the guy he is fighting. If he was humble like Oscar and Pacquaio and Shane, and Cotto, I would be a fan, but he aint so F him. Peace.
            I HATED Floyd...I wanted Oscar and zab to beat him...when Floyd retired, Boxing wasnt the same without the stereotypical slick flashy fighter, and at the time, I still didnt realize how good he was....so when The rumors came about of him returning, I was like, "Cool, we need another slick fighter" when he fought Marquez, I was like WOW....This guy is amazing!...Thats when I became a fan...but when he fought Mosley, I was like WOWWW...He was overly cautious in that fight, BUT he was sharp as HELL....I never seen anything like that in my life...ever since that fight, I became a die hard fan!...I dont understand how u can dislike someone THAT skilled....he could rape a child, and it would STILL be hard for me to be mad about it, cuz he is SO special, that he deserves special treatment...he almost deserves to get away with anything he does!

Comment

Carl Froch.

Comment

Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather . When he would run I'd almost cringe at how boring his fights were. Lately though the guy has stood toe to toe against some big punchers and traded yet his ability to not get hit and trade has won me over. Ill Skills

Comment

Erik Morales

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDJT View Post
                      I've never hated Floyd, but at first I disliked his ego and his defensive minded counterpunching style. I've come to appreciate him after watching his whole carrer - he used to be alot more aggressive and entertaining back in the day. He is not my fav. fighter - but you can't deny his skillset.
                      This is exactly How I feel about Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X