No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis Ready For His Heavyweight Close-Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Odlanier Solis Ready For His Heavyweight Close-Up

By Jake Donovan - When Odlanier Solis and Vitali Klitschko appeared on the same card in Germany in October 2008, the night marked a ring return for the latter after a near four-year hiatus.

Klitschko looked like he hadn’t missed a beat, systematically picking apart Samuel Peter en route to an eighth-round stoppage to reclaim his old alphabet belt.

Solis appeared on the undercard, tearing through experienced American journeyman Chauncey Welliver in nine one-sided rounds for his 12th win in a pro career just 18 months young.

The night served as the last time Solis has appeared in a ring in Germany, the same country he called home after fleeing from his native Cuba in late 2006, and the same country where he fought his pro debut in April 2007.

Upon leaving the O2 Arena that evening, Solis knew two things: he’d once again fight in Germany, and he’d one day face Vitali Klitschko in a heavyweight title fight.

One thing that he didn’t believe would be the case: that either instance would take so long.

“I’ve been ready for a shot at the heavyweight title ever since I left Cuba,” boasts Solis (17-0, 12KO), whose fast track to a title shot apparently wasn’t even fast enough for a man who still hasn’t reached his four-year anniversary as a pro. [Click Here To Read More]

Oh man. Solis is a good fighter but is he ready for a Klitscho?
    Have to applaud him for taking on such a big challenge. Wish
    there were others willing to do that nowadays.

Comment

Solis will get ko

Comment

he picked ther wrong klitschko..... the cubano is gettin put 2 sleep. bate, bate chocolate for that ass......

Comment

I suppose the obvious thing to say is: can the camera fit Solis into a close up?

Comment

i havent seen much of solis but i'm impressed with his amateur record and he looks to be doing ok as a pro. i'm actually looking forward to this fight, i'm hoping it's a tough night for vitali and would love to see the upset, but just don't know Solis well enough to know if it's possible

Comment

he'd better get his ass some slim fast if he's looking to win this one

Comment

cool read!!!...as far as Solis's words, same song...second verse....heard these things before from potential Klitschko opponents....this song ALWAYS get sung BEFORE the fight....then there's that sad song AFTER the fight.....good luck to Solis....you gonna need it homey

Comment

Solis is DELUSIONAL. He gassed out after one flurry against a shot Ray Austin and never did recover, having to stagger to a DQ win. This guy is ALL TALK. He certainly has a big mouth, but so did his Cuban brother Juan Carlos Gomez.

Comment

I wish solis would get in shape. He's wasting such potential. If he came in at a lean 225-230 he would have a chance to beat anyone at HW. yet the fat bastard comes in at 260 and looks a joke. What a waste of talent at HW.

Comment

Working...
                    X