• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, even Kevin Iole (a Floyd-lover) started calling Mayweather a CHICKEN

Mayweather exposed as chicken
    By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
    7/28/2010

Originally posted by Kevin Iole
    HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg released a four-paragraph, five-sentence statement Monday which cast doubt upon the veracity of Floyd Mayweather Jr.; Mayweather’s best friend, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe; Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya and Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer and which forever eliminated any doubt about Mayweather’s intention: He’s ducking Manny Pacquiao.

There can be no other rational explanation.

Welcome to “Mayweather in Wonderland,” where they try to convince you that up is down, the grass is blue and the sky is green. Never mind that Mayweather has tarnished, perhaps forever, his legacy as one of the best boxers of all time. Given his disinclination to fight Pacquiao, it’s hard to regard him as the best fighter of his own time.

Mayweather was nowhere to be found on Monday, still on vacation, apparently oblivious to the millions of boxing fans desperate to hear a word about his intentions. If Mayweather cared about his legacy, if he cared about the sport that has made him rich and famous, he wouldn’t have been invisible the last few weeks while allowing Ellerbe to spew a lot of mumbo jumbo.

Mayweather and his cronies attempted to insinuate that Top Rank chairman Bob Arum was being deceitful when he said he’d been negotiating for a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight with Greenburg serving as the middle man. Greenburg and Arum have not had the strongest of relationships, while Greenburg has an extraordinarily cozy relationship with Golden Boy. If Arum were lying, their frequently contentious history together suggests that Greenburg would have called him on it immediately.

Mayweather has run from his biggest challenge. The fans, even those who have ardently supported him through the years, will surely remember that. And the next time he dares to compare himself to one of boxing’s all-time greats, such as Sugar Ray Robinson or Sugar Ray Leonard, they’ll scoff.

He can’t hold a candle to either.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...dducking072710
    Yes
    77.78%
    No
    18.52%
    Maybe
    3.70%
    Last edited by SuckaPunch; 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM.

saw the article. Kevin seems real mad that floyd is handling his business the way he is so he is calling him on it. To me its the same as last time. Sugar, Rafael, doug fischer said same things kevin is saying now. Then floyd whipped shane and suddenly floyd wasn't a ducker shane was just old. My guess is its the same thing now. Floyd takes the blame now. Then they eventually fight.

Comment

Kevin Iole had enough of his shameless chicken **** ***** move.

Comment

of everyone involved in this mess, I'd have to geuss that greenberg is the most credible, not to mention nuetral. so at this point mayweathers side looks pretty bad.

Comment

As ive been saying Floyd's *****ness is now open to the world. He is officially boxing's biggest *****. such a shame since I was starting to like him when he dismantled JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
            of everyone involved in this mess, I'd have to geuss that greenberg is the most credible, not to mention nuetral. so at this point mayweathers side looks pretty bad.
            I'd agree. But I just wish he'd say who he was talking to in floyd's camp. What was the point of leaving it out. Like I told Afighter4u, if ross came home at 5AM and told his wife the same non answer like,"i was out with a friend" she'd cut his balls off.

Comment

KEVIN IOLE is on A - SIDE METH!

Comment

Has another fighter ever called Mayweathe chicken? Just curious because it seems like the people who never step into a boxing ring (writers,fans,etc) are the only group of people that like to call someone chicken, coward, ducker. Most pro fighters seem to think a lot higher of Mayweather than the press does. Mayweather just shut out Mosely, the same fighter that Pac and Roach avoided, now he's scared of Pac!

Just admit you dont like Mayweather and leave it at that dont start making **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  Has another fighter ever called Mayweathe chicken? Just curious because it seems like the people who never step into a boxing ring (writers,fans,etc) are the only group of people that like to call someone chicken, coward, ducker. Most pro fighters seem to think a lot higher of Mayweather than the press does. Mayweather just shut out Mosely, the same fighter that Pac and Roach avoided, now he's scared of Pac!

Just admit you dont like Mayweather and leave it at that dont start making **** up.

Well george foreman said he was a chicken.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=11588

Comment

Damn it PBF is on self destruct in trying to ruin what legacy he has. Being associated with Chicken dont do your legacy any good whatsoever.
                    The true greats, the word chicken dont enter the equation.
                    Ali, SRR, Holyfield, Pac, Duran, you never got the word chicken associated with their names.

Comment

Working...
                    X