Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton: I Hope Cotto Defeats Floyd Mayweather Jr,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton is still ****ed in the head from that night he was sent on a date with that whore of a ring post.....

Comment

I sort of agree with him not getting many rounds to see what Pac could do (yeah, because he was KTFO). That wasn't much of a gauge on Pac's actual boxing ability. Lucky for him it didn't go further, another 10 rounds of the 70 power punches he copped in those two brutal rounds with Pac and he might've been severely brain damaged today. I could why he'd want to disregard the Pacquiao loss, it was mighty embarrassing. It was supposed to be ultimate redemption, instead Hatton was destroyed by punches he bragged about on 24/7 that he'd be ready for and would easily handle, "same move, every time". I believe Hatton was overconfident for that fight, expecting to walk through Pac and that made it easier for Pac to do what he did. However, can't take anything away from Pac for making the KO happen and making Hatton pay for his mistakes. I don't think you can say either way which fighter is greater from those two fights, they were totally different, at different times, different weights, and Pac and Mayweather are two different types of fighters.
      Last edited by Fighting Pride; 05-02-2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        good post. young amateurs are commonly big Mayweather fans. He's even sponsoring this year's National Golden Gloves. I call him a boxer's boxer. manny is a civilian's boxer.
        As much of a generalization as this sounds, based off of experience, its actually spot on.

I'm not a huge fan of either one of them, but I can appreciate them both (and agree that both are top 2 p4p).

What makes Manny a superior boxer is the fact he has a great combination of agility, strength & speed. But we train with guys that are faster, stronger, more agile than us all the time. We know what it feels like to get hit by a dude who punches harder, or get outworked by a dude who punches faster. Its what we prepare for.

What Floyd has is unique, and its not something anybody can do, and rarely something we face. Its extremely difficult to readily identify a weakness in him just by watching footage of him, let alone being in the ring with the dude.

I think that's a big reason why Floyd's opponents have historically favored him over Pacquiao. Its much easier to train against an offensive-minded fighter than it is to train against a defensive craftsman.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          So does all your 5 year long butt hurts fans.

Lol tell me about it, The Hatton fanatics on here would have a massive orgasm if Cotto ever beats Floyd, they haven't got over that popping of the cherry through the ring post yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Another common opponent that says Floyd is better than Manny , Cotto will join that list on May 6th , nobody that fought them thinks Manny will beat him lol .
            Yet your boy keeps ducking. Rofl you *****s are way to funny. You need to stop drinking that kool-aide

Comment

Its obvious Floyd would look better than he actualy is and be able to shine with Cortez helping Floyd. Hattons view is a bit distorted.
              With respect we will use our own eyes to gauge who is better Floyd or Pac. On the performance against you, it was definately Pac. Hatton is underestimating how well he did against Floyd and being too harsh onhimself it was very competive even with hatton fighting two people, cortez and floyd. It took 2 to finally down Hatton.

SSM dont seem to think Floyd is better than Pac. SSM said Pac is the true p4p king so i'll listen to him for now.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 05-02-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

How dare you Ricky, Can u even remember what happened the night of the Pacquiao fight??? or did u have to rewatch the tape? cause man u can suck mayweathers cok all u want but pacquiao did NOT need to box u, he just went straight for the kill.

Comment

srry hatton you and cotto are not the same hes world class you never were he will actually fight and give floyd hell unlike you who just hugged

Comment

The vibe for this fight is unnerving. I respect Mayweather to the fullest but I'm supporting my countryman. On the other hand, I might be a little concerned for Floyd even though history shows he can overcome adversity. He's got a lot riding on him, I know he's uber confident and I love it but to overlook Cotto is a grave sin. War Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Another common opponent that says Floyd is better than Manny , Cotto will join that list on May 6th , nobody that fought them thinks Manny will beat him lol .
                      He said he didn't get to see how good Pac is, because he got KTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X