Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing has changed about AA, Dirrell just proved hes better than we thought.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing has changed about AA, Dirrell just proved hes better than we thought.

Last night was a prime example of Fighter A fighting against fighter B who possess the perfect style to beat Fighter A.

We all knew before the fight that Direll had the quickest hands and best foot work out of all the Super 6 contenders, what we didnt know for sure though was his chin solid, did he have enough power to make guys like Froch and AA respect him and could he execute a stratergy for a full fight. He proved the first 2 easily, He dropped AA and took plenty of clean hard shots with out being rocked or stunned.The first 6-7 rounds were flawless though, I dont think he couldve boxed any better.He had great foot work,punch selection and he got his punches in and got outof the way of AAs I think he kinda dropped the ball a little in terms of sticking to his game plan as he slowed down,stopped goin to the body and spent to much times on the ropes inthe latter half of the fight..He clearly showed me last night he has what it takes to win this tournament.

I dont take to much from AA after this fight, he came alive around round 8 and started to land those big shots that we are acustomed to seeing from him. Had the fight went on it wouldve been very interesting, I think he wouldve had a good chance of stopping or atleast dropping Dirrell (for the second time).Also consider the fact he thrives in thelate rounds which we didnt get to see.

At the end of the day, in my book Dirrells stock just shot up and AAs remains the same.
Working...
X