No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin Clash Pushed Hard By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin Clash Pushed Hard By The WBA

BoxingScene.com has been advised by well informed sources that the World Boxing Association is pushing hard for Wladimir Klitschko (59-3, 50KOs) to defend his heavyweight crown against mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs).

The sanctioning body notified both sides, by letter, that Wladimir must defend his title against Povetkin by February 26th. [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think that the WBA would have to do much of anything to convince Wlad to fight Pusvetkin. However, I don't think the same can be said about Pusvetkin. He might even rehire Teddy Atlas to once again talk him out of fighting Wlad.

Comment

The sooner this happens the sooner we stop hearing about Povetkin.

Comment

Wladimir wants to fight Povetkin in March not February.

Interesting how the WBA permitted Sturm and G. Jones to go years without fighting a mandatory, yet they won't be flexible enough to give Wladimir until the end of March to fight Povetkin.

Comment

Povetkin has milked his share of the WBA belt long enough. It's time to face Wlad already, that or just vacate if he's too afraid.

Comment

RIP Povetkin

Comment

Povetkins luck is starting to run out....

Comment

Think I just heard someone scream... someone better go check on Alex, I think his biggest nightmare is coming true.

Comment

it's time to step up or step off.

Comment

Wladimir should fight Povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X