Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner is Ready: Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countryman lol

Scotand = Wales?

Ricky Burns right now is different animal altogether from Gavin Rees, Rees lost to Kotelnik ages ago and since then retired and came back out of retirement, he's not even at his best anymore, it was a mismatch fight for Broner

Burns/Broner wuld be an interesting fight with Broner being the favourite

Comment

People need to stop using the name Burns or Vazquez independently. Any talk should be "the winner of". No one knows who that is yet.

Comment

"Ricky Burns is going to get burnt up. I just want to fight him. If Ricky Burns doesn't fight me, then I'm moving up."

Adrien Broner translation "After Vasquez beats Burns, I will avoid him because he could possibly beat me and I fear losing my 0 like my idol Mayweather. I'll take on some bum at 140 instead. If Burns wins by robbery he is a bum that will make me look good and will be the perfect cherrypick. "
        Last edited by rogdogx; 02-17-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

as an englishman, im afraid to say that if rees couldnt do it then burns cant.
          he would probably go another two or three rnds and thats it.
          im actually surprised broner would want burns.
          he doesnt really have any world level opponents on his resume.
          michael kats....but, michael has been beaten by people who are nowhere near as good as broner so, what chnace does burns have?????
          none.
          broner is very good and he would punish gamboa and frustrate the hell out of him, both very quick but broner is much more fluent and uses the shoulder roll to o with very similar sucess to f.m.j.
          excellent fighter so far..............
          as much as i dont like to say it but, i think he would even beat the great juan manuel marquez.
          yeah i know! stupid aint i?
          who would bet against it though?
          ya know what would be funny i mean, really funny...?
          if king "khunt" started givin it lemon and got a fight with broner.
          i would love to see broner punish khan to near defeat through each rnd with power and skill and ko the khunt with a single shot in the final ten seconds.then maybe king khunt will go away.
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            I never implied that they were.

But thanks for playing.
            So many posters do this annoying sh-t. Take what one said and just turn it in to whatever the hell they want. Not even put words in your mouth, they damn near change the entire content/point of your post. It's incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
              "Ricky Burns is going to get burnt up. I just want to fight him. If Ricky Burns doesn't fight me, then I'm moving up."

Adrien Broner translation "After Vasquez beats Burns, I will avoid him because he could possibly beat me and I fear losing my 0 like my idol Mayweather. I'll take on some bum at 140 instead. If Burns wins by robbery he is a bum that will make me look good and will be the perfect cherrypick. "
              No way Broner fights Vazquez and he knows why, that's why he doesn't bother calling him out. GBP/Haymon vs Bob Arum will not allow that fight to happen. Boxing fans should know this as well as a 5 year old knows what 2+2 is.

Comment

burns would be the more interesting fight than vasquez againts broner IMO ..burns is a decent on the outside and very good on the inside in which i think broner is more vulnerable..and he seems not to mind getting dirty at times using head and shoulder to pin down opponents.....

and i think burns beats vasquez ....

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  No way Broner fights Vazquez and he knows why, that's why he doesn't bother calling him out. GBP/Haymon vs Bob Arum will not allow that fight to happen. Boxing fans should know this as well as a 5 year old knows what 2+2 is.
                  Agreed. I know Vasquez is promoted by a company that works extensively with Top Rank but is still indeed a separate entity. But the fact that Richard Abril was going to be on a GBP card after being in a Top Rank card gave me some optimism about Vasquez's promoter being willing to negotiate a fight with Broner. Either way Broner doesn't show any interest in an opponent that will make him look less than sensational. I do find it a bit odd that Broner doesn't have a problem saying he could beat Rios despite knowing Rios is Top Rank but does not ever mention Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Peterson wouldn't be a bad fight, a good one I think, if Lamont beats Holt in his comeback. Peterson did beat Khan, and had a close figh tyou could argue he won against Ortiz too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Broner-Peterson once Broner gets to 140, given Peterson keeps winning.
                    Don't see that at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X