No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire will be P4P #1 end of 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito Donaire will be P4P #1 end of 2013

great that he's fighting 4x this year. future wins over mares, rigo and 2 belts up at feather, he'll shoot up to P4P #1.

big IF though.

Originally posted by Twako View Post
    great that he's fighting 4x this year. future wins over mares, rigo and 2 belts up at feather, he'll shoot up to P4P #1.

big IF though.
    Big IF? You said he WILL. Those fights don't rely on Mares and Rigo to get made.

Comment

Only way that happens is if Donaire dominates both Rigondeaux and Mares, and Ward fights no one or looks unimpressive.

Comment

he wont get by mares.....

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Only way that happens is if Donaire dominates both Rigondeaux and Mares, and Ward fights no one or looks unimpressive.

if ward is looking spectacular it would be hard to move him down, but i'd be very impressed if donaire took on mares and rigondeaux in the same year and dominated them. donaire is a hell of a fighter.

if he then goes on and beats the salido / garcia winner i'll be infinitely impressed
          that might punch nonito's hall of fame ticket.

the real question is "will donaire captivate the philipino audience the way pacquiao did?" i hope he gets the chance. i seriously doubt that he can.
          Last edited by New England; 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Maybe, if they continue to keep him away from Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              if ward is looking spectacular it would be hard to move him down, but i'd be very impressed if donaire took on mares and rigondeaux in the same year and dominated them. donaire is a hell of a fighter.

if he then goes on and beats the salido / garcia winner i'll be infinitely impressed
              that might punch nonito's hall of fame ticket.

the real question is "will donaire captivate the philipino audience the way pacquiao did?" i hope he gets the chance. i seriously doubt that he can.
              If he somehow ended up fighting the Salido-Garcia winner and beat them in the same year he beat Rigondeaux and Mares, that would be the best year anyone's had in a while, that I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                he wont get by mares.....
                He won't even fight Mares.

I'm not saying he's scared or anything, just the promotional bullshit will not end until Arum is dead.

I believe that Nonito is going to fight Mijares next then maybe Rigondeaux. Or Arum will line him up agains Salido if he beats Mikey. Which would be cool. I just want to see Donaire at 126 already.

Comment

Donaire is my #1 pound for pound pick right now. I think a 147 pound Donaire would beat Floyd or Pacquiao, a 168 pound Donaire would beat Ward and a 160 pound Donaire would beat Martinez. Donaire is in his prime right now while the rest except for Ward are past prime.I have Ward as #2 pfp.

Comment

on RING magazine, nah... He is dropping from P4P in ring magazine even he is knocking out his opponents while the others are sucker punching, fighting once a year and still remain on top... maybe on other sports media, he might be especially if the fight will push through with either Rigo or Mares this year... but dont expect on RING magazine...

Comment

Working...
                    X