Comments Thread For: Clottey Targets Rematch With Cotto-Margarito II Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Clottey Targets Rematch With Cotto-Margarito II Winner

By Ryan Burton

Joshua Clottey returned to the ring after a 20-month absence this past Saturday with a 2nd round knockout of Calvin Green on the untelevised undercard of the Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. versus Peter Manfredo Jr. HBO televised headline fight that took place in Houston, Texas.

After the fight, Clottey (36-4, 21KO) told Boxingscene that he hopes to get a meaningful fight in his next ring appearance. The former welterweight champion will campaign in the junior middleweight division and hopes to face the winner of the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito grudge match that takes place in two weeks. [Click Here To Read More]

not a chance. . . lol i love clottey and think he is an excellent boxer-puncher, but unfortunately he is just too good for what he brings to the table. . . hoepfully arum can get him meaningful matchups so he can prove he is a lot better than people were giving him credit for after the pacquiao fight.

Comment

Would be interesting, would want to see clottey vs margarito

Comment

translation. i want another good payday. anyway why don't you fight the loser?i'm sure dirty arum can pull that off.everything is just about fake at toprank except for cotto,marquez,and gamboa. arum should be held responsible for stealing the fans money.

Comment

Good because Clottey was dominating Margarito early on before the injury otherwise he would have won the fight I thought he beat Cotto to so I hope he gets the winner

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
            translation. i want another good payday. anyway why don't you fight the loser?i'm sure dirty arum can pull that off.everything is just about fake at toprank except for cotto,marquez,and gamboa. arum should be held responsible for stealing the fans money.
            arum is no different than any other promotor. . . his main interest is making money. . . in fact, boxers share this interest as well. . . it's a business. . .

it sucks because us hardcore fans who fall in love with the sport and have to sit by the wayside helpless. . .

arum has made some hella fights, though. . . but we gotta go through A LOT of bullshyt sometimes. . . people like dibella and martinez will try to make arum out to be the devil, when they are the exact same people who do the exact same shyt. . . arum refuses to let his guys fight sergio, and sergio and dibella refuse to fight pirog and golovkin. . .

Comment

and gamboa ain't gonna be fighting a worthwhile opponent for a while. . . rios/gamboa is just a mere ploy. . . just dangled out in front of us to keep us interested. . .

Comment

I wish clottey would just retire already...all he does is block block block throw two punches, make some dismisive facial expression,...and block some more...the only thing i like about clotteys fights are his ring entrances when he does that lil dance he does cause thats just classic.lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                  Good because Clottey was dominating Margarito early on before the injury otherwise he would have won the fight I thought he beat Cotto to so I hope he gets the winner
                  all of this is true. .. i thought he beat cotto by a round. . . 114-113 since cotto scored a KD. . . matter of fact, im going to watch that fight!

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    i agree with you on the fights but he should get the loser

Comment

Working...
                    X