No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early Results From Italy - Ndiaye Batters Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early Results From Italy - Ndiaye Batters Guerrero

In a battle between will and skill, the former suffered a bitter defeat when skilled and poised Italian Senegalese Mohammed Ali Ndiaye (now 22-1, 13 KOs) forced Spanish veteran Jose Maria Guerrero (29-4-1, 11 KOs) to retire in his corner after nine one-sided rounds of a bloody beating. Thus the WBC #12 and WBO #15 ranked fighter retained his EBU-EU super middleweight title for the first time since knocking out talented hard-hitter Andrea Di Luisa in his penultimate fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

This article is a MISTAKE. Jackiewicz won with Abis unanimous decision in 2009, controled all the fight and almost knocked Italian out in last round. Why are you saying it was "spirited majority decision"? You obviously didn't watch the fight! Jackiewicz won in 2009 easily, and in 2012 even more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by kano11 View Post
      This article is a MISTAKE. Jackiewicz won with Abis unanimous decision in 2009, controled all the fight and almost knocked Italian out in last round. Why are you saying it was "spirited majority decision"? You obviously didn't watch the fight! Jackiewicz won in 2009 easily, and in 2012 even more easily.
      kano11, you are absolutely right. I've really made a mistake in that was a unanimous decision, not a majority one - so thanks for pointing this out. However, you're certainly wrong in your guess that I have never watched the fight. I have seen it live and I have a report about it here:

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/live...om-poland-5219 (type in the name of the rival portal if interested)

117-112, which is my score, suggests me that it wasn't a lopsided beating but a fairly close fight, that (by the way) might have been scored for Abis, had the fight taken its place in Italy in 2009. So it was indeed a spirited loss (and I remember it clearly). This time it was a much better work for Mr. Jackiewicz.
      Last edited by GStalker; 05-27-2012, 07:56 AM. Reason: Link clarification

Comment

This is simply not true. Jackiewicz CLEARLY won first fight. There was no case for giving Abis a victory Of course he could win in Italy: but just because in Italy is almost IMPOSSIBLE to win on points, you need to knock guy out. In first fight Jackiewicz outlassed Abis and almost knock him out in last round. Watch the fight again and dont write so idiotic statements. First fight was one sided, second also!

Comment

Working...
        X