No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Snubbed By The Ring, Which He Owns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Snubbed By The Ring, Which He Owns

So much for The Ring magazine’s preferential treatment of Oscar De La Hoya.

“The Golden Boy” was left off a list of top Olympians who became successful professional fighters that Lee Groves, a contributing writer for The Ring, posted on the magazine’s web site. De La Hoya owns the sports/entertainment publishing company that bought the self-proclaimed, 90-year-old “Bible of Boxing” in September 2007.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well, its understandable considering De La Hoyas career. Most of his important fights were losses, and money made really has nothing to do with how you pic how great a fighter was. At least he was mentioned in an other section. One thing De La Hoya has going for him, is he probably fought more Elite top notch fighters than anyone I ever knew.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      Well, its understandable considering De La Hoyas career. Most of his important fights were losses, and money made really has nothing to do with how you pic how great a fighter was. At least he was mentioned in an other section. One thing De La Hoya has going for him, is he probably fought more Elite top notch fighters than anyone I ever knew.
      Quoted for truth

Comment

Oscar will always be one of the more underrated boxers in history. There's no way he should be off this list. Gold medalist, Fought the best in his era, and showed he belonged in the ring with some of the greatest to ever lace them up. He had the talent to be a top 5 boxer of all time.

Comment

lolololololol

Comment

Looking at who did make the top 10, I would find it hard to rate him above any of them based upon his pro career. I suppose it comes down to how much emphasis they put upon Olympic performance as Oscar won a gold whereas Holyfield only won a bronze. Perhaps they took into account that RJJ and Evander would've done better if not for very questionable/corrupt decisions.

Comment

Oscar should be on the list, Olympic gold + multiple division champion. it's not his fault he fought some legends on their way out, plus he beat solid competition (ruelas, molina, quartey, vargas, Castillejo, gatti, Gonzalez etc.) some of his losses are also disputable (Trinidad, Mosley II, with Mosley under PEDS). He gave a good account of himself vs Mayweather and he pretty much beat himself on the scale vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Dlh deserves the nod over Wladimir Klitschko, no doubt!

Comment

I have no problem with Oscar not making the list but wouldn't object to him making it. Oscar is a great fighter but couldn't win the big one. I think a argument can be made for Oscar over Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    That is a load of crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X