No announcement yet.

Never mind Golovkin, Matthysse is the real God of War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind Golovkin, Matthysse is the real God of War

He did to Mike Dallas Jr what GGG should have done to Rosado last week.

To be fair, I'd say Rosado was a much better fighter than Dallas. Rosado also did his best to slip punches and was constantly on his back foot. Dallas is wide open to be hit.

But Matthysse is a beast, no doubt. In my "2012 awards" thread I named him boxing's most exciting fighter.

It's great that these two guys are doing what they are doing. Sure, they aren't defensive wizards but it's refreshing to see some truly powerful guys in the sport.

Comment

God of War doesn't have the same ring with Matthysse's name though. I'm feelin "The Machine". A while ago, I remember a poster suggested "Manos de Desastre" (Hands of Disaster). I'm kinda partial to "Tax Collector" lol

Comment

The impressive thing about Matthysse is that he has actually stepped in their with top guys at his weight class. And despite that you can make an argument that he has never really been beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
          The impressive thing about Matthysse is that he has actually stepped in their with top guys at his weight class. And despite that you can make an argument that he has never really been beaten.
          Yeah lucas has the better resume no doubt. But its no fault of Golovkin, he's tried.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Yeah lucas has the better resume no doubt. But its no fault of Golovkin, he's tried.
            And yeah, Rosado was a much better opponent than Dallas. Rosado actually is a pretty decent contender at 154, just not an elite fighter. I'd call him a B- or so.

Comment

Rosado is better than Dallas. But Dallas is a legit junior welterweight, Rosado is not a middleweight.

So that evens out.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                Rosado is better than Dallas. But Dallas is a legit junior welterweight, Rosado is not a middleweight.

So that evens out.
                Not really. A good junior middleweight can put up a good effort against a true middleweight. We've seen that plenty of times like Spinks & Ouma against Taylor for example.

Anyways, Rosado was on a good winning streak. Stopped Soto Karass in 5 and Sechew Powell in 9. Solid wins.

But still, I really don't want to make this a GGG vs Matthysse thread. they are both awesome fighters and fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  To be fair, I'd say Rosado was a much better fighter than Dallas. Rosado also did his best to slip punches and was constantly on his back foot. Dallas is wide open to be hit.

But Matthysse is a beast, no doubt. In my "2012 awards" thread I named him boxing's most exciting fighter.

It's great that these two guys are doing what they are doing. Sure, they aren't defensive wizards but it's refreshing to see some truly powerful guys in the sport.
                  Matthysse's defense is critically underrated around here just because he's not flashy about it like a Martinez, Broner, or Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Matthysse's defense is critically underrated around here just because he's not flashy about it like a Martinez, Broner, or Mayweather.
                    That's true, u really don't see Lucas taking many flush shots

Comment

Working...
                    X