Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ 154 Who Has A better Chanc Against Manny? Canelo Or Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ 154 Who Has A better Chanc Against Manny? Canelo Or Cotto?

An anonymous special ed student said Cotto has a better chance of beating Pac at 154 than Canelo does. Well who do you think has a better chance against pac at 154?
    Canelo
    57.89%
    Cotto
    42.11%

Cotto would.

Cotto was actually touching Manny in the first half of the fight but realized he wasn't fighting the right style to defeat Manny. In fact, I think he busted Pac's eardrums and swelled his face as well.

Just like Bradley did, in the 2nd half of the fight, Cotto made adjustments. If he couples his adjustments in the 2nd half of their fight (sticking and moving) with how he was able to touch him in the first half, I think he would do well. Problem with that was he had already took to much punishment from exchanging to much for it to make a difference. The fight was really over after the 2nd knockdown, but because Cotto made adjustments, he was able to last longer. I feel that would give him the better chance.

I pick Cotto because he has experience against Pac.

Whereas with Canelo, I have no idea how he fights southpaws or how he handles tough opposition. We just don't know.

It's Cotto for me.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 10-30-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Cotto would.

Cotto was actually touching Manny in the first half of the fight but realized he wasn't fighting the right style to defeat Manny. In fact, I think he busted Pac's eardrums and swelled his face as well.

Just like Bradley did, in the 2nd half of the fight, Cotto made adjustments. If he couples his adjustments in the 2nd half of their fight (sticking and moving), I feel that would give him the better chance.

I pick Cotto because he has experience against Pac.

Whereas with Canelo, I have no idea how he fights southpaws or how he handles tough opposition. We just don't know.

It's Cotto for me.
      Well its an informed opinion atleast.

Comment

I would have to go with Canelo, he is the natural bigger guy and while both guys have decent boxing skills we saw what Cotto's boxing got him against Manny and I think Canelo throws tighter punches which should help him avoid getting countered somewhat.

Plus there is the whole mental side of it, tough to come back from a beating like Manny gave Cotto and just be able to operate at 100%, Cotto was able to do it against Margarito but Margarito ain't no Pacquiao and there was the whole wrap issue which could have given Cotto confidence there isn't that same sort of issue with Manny that could allow Cotto to just move past that beating. Canelo is a young hungry and confident guy with no such mental hang-ups, it would certainly be his toughest test and Manny might be able to break him but I think it would be easier for Manny to break Cotto a second time than the break a totally new guy.

I think Canelo stands a good chance but it really comes down to me not giving Cotto much of a shot at all against Manny.

Comment

Alfonso Gomez was giving some problem to Canelo in his fight.

Comment

At 154 lbs , Canelo.

Cotto only fought four times at 154, he is smaller than Canelo, and has a shorter reach.

Canelo is bigger and a bit taller. Younger and hungrier.
            At 154 he also has more power, and Manny is not as fast as he used to be 2 or 3 years back.

Howeverm I don't think Manny will fight at 154 again.

Comment

Canelo becuz he's got most skill and brains than Margarito, so he won't get hit as much, will have a much easier time landing, and if he Margarito could stun Pac to the body, Canelo could stop him

I might even favor Canelo in that fight

Comment

I think Canelo has a much better chance to beat Pacquiao than Cotto does. I am a Canelo fan and I hope he gets to fight Cotto next May which might answer this question since Pacquiao won't fight either of them at 154.

Comment

Canelo is a better and more dangerous fighter than Cotto at this point in his career

Comment

A 100% focues, motivated ,and cramp free Pac destroys Canelo and Cotto on the same night...

Comment

Working...
                    X