Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most exciting British heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Haye-Valuev. Don't try and defend that bloody awful fight. Haye had bragged before the fight he would knock him out.

His first HW title fight and what did Haye do? He spent 12 rounds running away from a slow, feather-fisted boxer who had been beaten in his previous fight by age 46 Evander Holyfield.

Bet he caused a bit of noise when Valuev went all wobbly.

Thing is, Haye is the more entertaining fighter than Wlad. full stop. Wlad fights all his fights tentatively, where as Haye only does so against larger opposition.

Shame he's a bitch.

Comment

Klitschko-Ibragimov, God awful fight right there. Wlad had done the talk show circuit, and flyers had been littered all over the garden that said "The Russians are Coming!!". Then the fight was soooo ****in bad man.

When lunesta or diazepam doesn't work, try this fight.
      Haye-Valuev. Don't try and defend that bloody awful fight. Haye had bragged before the fight he would knock him out.

His first HW title fight and what did Haye do? He spent 12 rounds running away from a slow, feather-fisted boxer who had been beaten in his previous fight by age 46 Evander Holyfield.
      David Haye making slo-mo look like regular speed.
      Last edited by damuttz112; 10-16-2012, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Thing is, Haye is the more entertaining fighter than Wlad. full stop. Wlad fights all his fights tentatively, where as Haye only does so against larger opposition.

Shame he's a bitch.
        Haye is the b1tch.

Haye boasted he'd "shove Klitschko's jab up his ass" but when they fought he just ran like a frightened chicken for 11 2/3 rounds.

Wlad is by far the more entertaining fighter, Haye only looks good against glass-chinned bums like Audrey and Maccarinelli.

Comment

Haye is the b1tch.

Haye boasted he'd "shove Klitschko's jab up his ass" but when they fought he just ran like a frightened chicken for 11 2/3 rounds.
          I already explained this:
          Haye & booths game-plan was simple.

Come in light, train to avoid Wlads jab (which he did a magnificent job of during the fight) and hit Wlad with a counter & finish him. The problem was for Haye was that he waited, and waited, and waited, and waited for an opportunity to be able to counter Wlad with something - but it never came.

If Wlad is anything, it's cautious, he will be careful even at the safest of times (as safe as you can be with a guy who is trying to punch you) and combine his natural caution with Stewards game-plan and it left very few opportunities for Haye to knock him out.

People have accused Haye of being gunshy but I think this is an unfair accusation to level at him, there wasn't a reluctance to throw, there just wasn't many openings. People have also said 'he should have just went for it'

I don't see how much more 'going for it' you can do aside from chasing your opponent around the ring throwing wild desperate punches.

It just pisses me off how people say he ran, Steward & Wlad systemically shut down Haye plus Haye/Booth lack of plan B. If you re-watch the fight carefully you'll understand.

Wlad is by far the more entertaining fighter, Haye only looks good against glass-chinned bums like Audrey and Maccarinelli.
          I thought you were Boxing fan, I don't hate Wlad at all what I do hate is that fans cannot have a damn straight conversation on Boxing. Just leaving snide remarks puts a bad taste in your mouth. Wlad is great fighter and professional, but his style is not gonna make people jump outta their seats (ala Mike Tyson) and it's not supposed to, it's efficient and effective. Him and his brother are great professionals and representative of the sport.

Haye is an exciting fighter, bashing his whole career based off one performance against the Top Heavyweight just shows your agenda to put him in a negative light. Haye-Ruiz, Haye-Chisora was a great fight with a controversial build-up and a nice Round 5 KO to finish off.

“Boxing is entertainment, so to be successful a fighter must not only win but he must win in an exciting manner. He must throw punches with bad intentions.”
          - Cus D'Amato

Comment

most of wlad's fights are pretty boring, he's a great boxer but not an entertaining one. Funy thing is he was waay more entertaining back in his youth ... and way more vulernable. When Haye fights guys his size he is easily the most entertaining of the bunch when he fights big guys he's the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              most of wlad's fights are pretty boring, he's a great boxer but not an entertaining one. Funny thing is he was waay more entertaining back in his youth ... and way more vulnerable. When Haye fights guys his size he is easily the most entertaining of the bunch when he fights big guys he's the opposite.
              I agree with this partly, Haye did have Valuev doing the dance with his feet, and wlad in trouble in the 12th round round from a single shot.

I remember re-watching Wlad v Brewster and I forgot how arrogant Wlad was back in the days. lol
              Last edited by damuttz112; 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I wanted to vote for "ricky hatton when he's not training"? But Haye is entertaining.

Comment

Wlad has had many exciting fights.

You are fighting a losing battle. Wlad is lots of things...exciting is never going to be one of them. To be fair in this era he shouldn't be exciting, because he is much better than the other Heavyweights. Showing a highlight real doesn't mean anything to me, you can make any half decent fighter look exciting. Fact is when he went down against Sanders and Brewster he should been able to nullify and find a way back, but he just doesn't have that in him. That is excitement, not just go out with a whimper. Maybe he will show that in the future, the next time someone cracks him, I hope so. I just don't feel he has the chin and that's what stops him from being exciting, because he protects it, you could never imagine him in the type of fight Vitali got into with Lennox, I think he would go over.

Haye has definitely had a few stinkers, but the majority of his career has been huge value for money and you have to appreciate that he hurt his right hand against Valuev in the 2nd round. Most of his fights have been explosive, drama, violent, there is really no comparison between the two. You can be a fan of Wlad and have an appreciation for what he does in the ring, but exciting? Come on your pissing against the wind. Every time I watch him all I want is for him to throw his right hand, and when he does you feel like you have seen a knockdown because the rest of the fight is so boring. It is infuriating to watch!

Comment

I'm going with Chisora. He ALWAYS brings it and if he had bothered to turn up in shape, I have no doubts he would have beaten Fury

Comment

Working...
                    X