• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones at the end of a fight versus ANY version of Ali:

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Roy Jones at the end of a fight versus ANY version of Ali:
      I wish someone could delete all images of Roy like that! Sadly it seems as there will be more to come anyways.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
        LOL, U guys are dumb .... Roy JONES destroys Cassius by 12 rd UD. POP POP Pops on cassius face. Ali's slow ass wont hit ROY. I hate how you guys give old school fighters credit just to show that u guys have boxing knowledge. Roy Would Embaress cassius a youg strong Cassius then they would say : "oh he was a bumb"
        Do you have even the slightest grasp of the English language? This is really troubling if your ass was able to graduate from school. Your parents really must not have been all that concerned with biology, though, because they clearly overrated genetic diversity and underrated the effects of twinbreeding.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          I wish someone could delete all images of Roy like that! Sadly it seems as there will be more to come anyways.....
          I hate doing it cuz I like Roy, but these nuthuggers force me dish out the hard medicine

PS. I wish Roy would face facts and retire before any more pics like that get taken :forgetaboutit9:

Poet

Comment

trying to predict fights where you make fighters the same size is a bit ridiculous. you just cant do it, its WAY to theoretical.

but if youre saying the Clay that won a gold medal in the Olympics at LHW vs prime LHW Roy...thats actually pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              trying to predict fights where you make fighters the same size is a bit ridiculous. you just cant do it, its WAY to theoretical.

but if youre saying the Clay that won a gold medal in the Olympics at LHW vs prime LHW Roy...thats actually pretty interesting.

i'd heavily favor roy in that case

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
                If these guys were the same size (any weight class) how do you think there styles would match up?

P4P comparisons:
                Physical:
                Power: Jones
                Handspeed: Equal

Technical:
                Footwork: Clay
                Jab: Clay
                Defense:Equal
                Offense: Jones (Jones gets the edge due to counterpunching)

Intangibles:Equal

Blueprint fight: ?

Jones from Toney I
                Clay from Liston I

the same size thing doesn't seem fair to me

when roy was a hw or when he was walking in to the ring after weighing in as a LHW he would have been similar in weight to clay early in his pro career when he weighed as low as 188, or during his 60's title run, when he weighed as low as 201 and was always around the general area of 205

upon checking for a second time roy was 193 against ruiz (i thought he was about 200-205)
                at any rate, i'd say 60's ali and roy jones would be about the same size in terms of the weigh
                and if roy is fighting as a HW he's fighting as a hw (against a hw of similar size in young ali)
                size is part of the equation
                Last edited by New England; 05-27-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  I hate doing it cuz I like Roy, but these nuthuggers force me dish out the hard medicine

PS. I wish Roy would face facts and retire before any more pics like that get taken :forgetaboutit9:

Poet
                  Lol its what u do man, Boxing Scene's very own regulator!

Dont look likely im affraid....
                  Surprising as Jones always struck me as a man who was Very much aware of the dangers of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Lol its what u do man, Boxing Scene's very own regulator!

Dont look likely im affraid....
                    Surprising as Jones always struck me as a man who was Very much aware of the dangers of boxing
                    i remember roy in his prime always reminding me how he wasn't going to fight for much longer, nevermind way past his best becuase he didn't want to end up like mcclellan

it's ironic

Comment

The only thing y'all forget was roys body punching skills he'd zap the legs off ali or if he lands one of those dumb left hooks when Ali drops the right hand for is uppercut.

But idk over a decision I take Ali cause it's gotta be a 15 rounder

But I think jones would hurt him and get him out to the body.

Kinda like Virgil hil and jones I see that liver or broken rib kinda thing happening.

P.S. Not comparing Virgil to Ali except it would possibly happen...

Comment

Working...
                      X