No announcement yet.

Spained ankle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spained ankle

I sprained my ankle really bad. I have a big swelling. Been to the doctor he said I should give it time and if it gets worse get it x-rayed. My question is will it keep getting sprained and will it affect my boxing? I'm moving around the ring alot.

Hopefully it won't affect your boxing in the future. Try to put ice on it, and don't put pressure on it, it needs rest & time to recover...

Comment

I like to use wraped ice on sprains till the swelling goes down.
      Then when the swellings gone I like to use a heat pack.

Comment

Originally posted by gatagata View Post
        I sprained my ankle really bad. I have a big swelling. Been to the doctor he said I should give it time and if it gets worse get it x-rayed. My question is will it keep getting sprained and will it affect my boxing? I'm moving around the ring alot.
        One year and a half ago, i sprained my right ankle VERY bad. I had a plaster for like 2 weeks, physiotherapy for 4 weeks. It never really healt, still feel it time to time. I train with special brace on my ankle.

My advice: get a second opinion fast as you can and treat it very carefully.

Comment

Once it heals up, you may want to consider either taping your ankle, or wearing something like this:
          http://store.titleboxing.com/adidas-...-supports.html

Comment

before you do any type of running,work out the ankle,sit down grab your foot and slowly rotate foot side to side up and down ,then do other foot,this releases a lot of strain buildup and may help reduce future ankle discomforts

Comment

Working...
            X