No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Counters Mayweather Over Floyd Sr. Jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Counters Mayweather Over Floyd Sr. Jab

During the first episode of HBO's reality series Mayweather-Ortiz 24/7, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and his father, Floyd Mayweather Sr., were involved in a heated shouting match at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas, Nevada. During the verbal war, Floyd Jr. questioned his father's credentials as a trainer. The Mayweathers began to argue over which of the two brothers, Floyd Sr. or Roger Mayweather, were responsible for making Floyd Jr. the champion that he is today.

[Click Here To Read More]

ooohhh..pwned.

not really. at this point, who really give a **** what odlh says.

Was he trying to tell us he was too cheap to rehire Mr joy again?

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
      ooohhh..pwned.

not really. at this point, who really give a **** what odlh says.

Was he trying to tell us he was too cheap to rehire Mr joy again?
      it matters a lil cuz maybe it will make jr think before he talks to his pop like tht again. im a very big may fan, but the way he talk to his pop regardless of thier past was wrong

Comment

Floyd jr is bitter about his childhood and how his dad went to prison when he was a teenager.The truth is, his style is exactly like his father's. Just go on youtube and watch Floyd sr vs Ray Leonard. Their style is identical.
        Roger was way more offensive and was not the defensive genius that Sr was. Floyd Sr had De La Hoya looking like a more complete fighter. If he had trained Oscar in the fight against his son, Oscar would have won in my opinion. He went back to being a plodder with Roach in his corner. Floyd Sr made him box more and he would have showed him the key to beating Jr. I would love to see the 2 of them hook back up and fight Floyd Jr at 154. It would be very dramatic.

Comment

Do We really need a official response to what either one of them said during the heat of an argument?

When does the Floyd Sr's girlfriend debunk the F@gg$t claim thread coming out?

Comment

It was a heat of the moment **** talk by both sides, no need to make it bigger than it was. Obviously Floyd Jr is still having daddy issues and Floyd Sr still thinks hes the best **** on the face of the earth. They will be ok again soon.

Comment

Roger has not proved to me to be a great trainer. Floyd already had the skills and that defensive style of fighting before Roger was in his corner. So he did not make Floyd Jr a great champion, it was already instilled in him by his father. Floyd Sr may not be a great trainer but he is much better than Roger.He is the one who developed Chad Dawson and he made Oscar a much better fighter. Oscar admitted that while training with him, and said he was being taught things in the ring by Sr that he had never experienced before. I think if Sr dedicated himself to a fighter, he would develope himself another world champ. I can't stand the way Jr talked to him. It was very disrespectful. I was rooting for Floyd to beat Ortiz but that was a huge turnoff. I hope Victor beats the hell out of him.Floyd Jr needs a reality check.He was blessed with a gift that was given to him by his father at a young age.He has shown that he doesn't appreciate it. That type of betrayal will not get him anymore fans and it will catch up to him one day. He better get out of boxing after this fight, or Khan, Bradley, or Martinez will get to him.Manny could, but only if he's juiced up.

Comment

already a thread on this...and why are twitter posts news worthy these days?

Comment

lol...seriously??? smh. dlh should have left it alone and said that it was between father and son. theres no need for official statements pertaining to heated arguments in which obvious inflammatory comments were made.

Comment

I remember prior to "The World Awaits" that ODLH wanted to low-ball FMS on the money, and Oscar ended up going to Roach.

Oscar is making this comment to stoke the flames and make it newsworthy. Buzz and controversy are selling this fight. GBP benefits.

Comment

Working...
                    X