Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Floyd ever fight Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imo he fights guerrero in may and alvarez in september. so yes, mayweather will fight alvarez next year.

Comment

I think Floyd will fight in September because Golden Boy said he would. Four months is more than enough time to prepare for a fight after Guerrero. Many assume his opponent in September will be Canelo but neither Golden Boy or team Mayweather has said the opponent would be Canelo. I think Canelo will fight a top ten contender or champion Trout on the Mayweather card. I don't think Mayweather will ever fight Canelo and I will be pleasantly surprised if he does fight Canelo.

Comment

I sure hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          Will the fight ever happen? Floyd's getting old and he doesn't have the hunger to challenge himself anymore. Floyd is content with fighting the guerrero's and Hattons.

What do you guys think?
          Well, according to 85% of the posters here, Canelo hasn't proven s**t. I'd like to see it and I'm sure it will happen within a year.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
            Well, according to 85% of the posters here, Canelo hasn't proven s**t. I'd like to see it and I'm sure it will happen within a year.
            Soooooo, what exactly has he proven??

Comment

I understand some here are saying Canelo hasn't proven anything. But lets face some facts here. Canelo is the biggest fight Mayweather can take May 4, 2013 outside of Pacquiao. That fight would create the most buzz and Cash for "Money" Mayweather.

Mayweather goes after the Money fights, so why not make the biggest money fight possible? Does this not make sense? There's no reason the fight shouldn't happen. Canelo wants it, so make it happen, right?

Comment

*edit* double post.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I don't think the weight would be an issue. He walks around at what? 150-155? He weighed in at 151 for his fight with Cotto.

He could make 147 in May then if he were to fight again at 154 he would be fine.

I think it's the timing. I can't see him fighting in May, then again in Septemember as they're so close. I don't know why the date's he's reserved are so close together.

Or, perhaps it's because he wants Canelo on a Mexican Holiday that's not on Cinco De Mayo? I guess that would make sense.
                  That's the deal with me. They say they have 2 dates reserved for him, but just can't see him fighting on a 4 month turn-around. Basically he'd have a month to break then it is right back into promoter mode.

I'm holding out that if he does fight in September, Top Rank and GBP/Mayweather have all their shyt sorted out.

Comment

I dont know why everyone is trying to hype this fight.

Anyone who actually thinks Canelo can beat Floyd Mayweather (save a miraculous KO ala JMM), is seriously delusional. I'm actually curious, why anyone would even think this? His popularity is literally based on the single fact that he is Mexican and that is it...same reason Chavez Jr was held so highly. Canelo is still young and has a lot to learn, he is nowhere near the same level as Floyd... Floyd would embarass Canelo.

Comment

I dont know why everyone is trying to hype this fight.

Anyone who actually thinks Canelo can beat Floyd Mayweather (save a miraculous KO ala JMM), is seriously delusional. I'm actually curious, why anyone would even think this? His popularity is literally based on the single fact that he is Mexican and that is it...same reason Chavez Jr was held so highly. Canelo is still young and has a lot to learn, he is nowhere near the same level as Floyd... Floyd would embarass Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X