Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think pac deserves a rematch ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Hugh but Pacquiao didn't "beat Marquez on points like Floyd did". And even the most foolish couldn't be THAT revisionist. All previous results between Marquez and Pacquiao have been razor thin. THAT was the pretext of this fight.

Let's look back. This fight and the previous remaaches didn't happen from the kindness of Pacquiao's heart so let's forget that notion right now. They happened because there was controversy and doubt each time over the scores. Let's also remember that Marquez wasn't even Arum's choice of opponent this time. Bradley didn't make the money and Cotto told them to do one after another weight stip offer. Coach himself said they were looking fir someone for Pacquiao tonlook good against to give them more leverage in a possible Mayweather bout (after two lackluster performances). That left them an even older Marquez. They build it up as the one to end all controversy and end the rivalry. They got half their wish but didn't even dream it would end that way. No one did. If anyone was getting sparked, it was going to be Marquez.

The judges had one point it and Pacquiao had already been put on the canvas despite showing some improvements on the last couple of outings. But he got knocked out. Cold. Would people be clamoring for another match if the situations were reversed. I doubt it.

This isn't about what Pacquiao deserves. It's about what fans want and what Marquez decides. He has nothing left to prove. Those saying Pac deserves a rematch just can't bear the thought of the rivalry ending with his face on the canvas.

Comment

Double post. Apologies.
      Last edited by Marvellous1; 12-14-2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        if marquez doesn't rematch pac it tells me he's not really confident in beating pac again...

everything about a rematch benefits marquez besides the unknown which is " who will win this time"...
        Not necessarily. Marquez just accomplished what he'd been chasing for nearly a decade. That requires passion and determination. That fire cannot be stoked forever. I'm sure Marquez would fight, but he won't be the same.

It is a pointless fight. Besides, the man is nearing 40 and been through a few wars himself. I say retire in glory. He's earned it.

Comment

YES he deserves a rematch. he gave marquez 4 fights. marquez knows this and is honorable and respectable enough to do it..

marquez ain't a coward, he won't be lured by money, with his respect to manny itself, he'll give him a fifth fight.

Comment

I don't know man,in my mind he has lost the last 2 JMM fights

Comment

Of course Pacquiao deserves a rematch.

Comment

When will people realise that you don't have to " deserve" a fight in the eyes of the boxingscene idiots to get said fight ?

PAC is still the draw, right or wrong, he decides if there's a rematch and he gets the bigger purse.

It never has a d never will matter who deserves it. It comes down to $/risk of losing drawing power.

Comment

Working...
                X