Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF floyd fights winner of berto/guerrero....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he will again be accused of ducking. and in fact he is definitely ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      He fought Bradley who has fought at 147 twice before that.
      He fought Marquez who is the same size as him.
      And what was before that Mosley and Margo? Or something like that and they've all been over 147 so wtf?
      Legit means full time 147 welterweight that is in thier prime coming off impressive wins.Bradley is a 140 pounder who visited 147, he beat pac. MARQUEZ is a blown up 135 that also beat pac three times. MOSLEY was a full welterweight but he was beat down by Mayweather and he never regained the glow after that blow out lost. He was garbage when pac fought him. Instead of fighting legit welters like BERTO, THE GOST, ORTIZ, or fighting someone like COTTO at his natural weight, pac decides to fight little MARQUEZ again. This is a slap in the face for true boxing fans. Pac team refuse to fight real tbreats. I WOULD BET MY HOUSE DEED THAT ORTIZ, BERTO, AND MAYWEATHER WOULD BEAT PAC TO A BLOODY MESS BEFORE STOPPING HIM IN A BRUTAL KO FASSION.

Comment

• **** would be so dam embarrassing

Comment

• Well it depends, I wouldn't be trilled about it and jumping up and down with joy, but if played out right I could see them being worthy opponents if:

1. Berto KO's Guerrero in a few rounds.
          2. Guerrero easily beats Berto.

then if they would follow up with beating another good 147 pound contender, I could see it being a legitimate match.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
            Lol. For years you've been on the "they fight for money " train. Now you say they fight to get results. How convenient. When the division was at its peak though, "boxing is a business"!
            What does Floyd really have to gain in a fight with Guerrero or Berto other than a large pay check? Both would be decent quality wins but Floyd has a bunch of that sort of win, so other than adding one more to the pile which isn't bad it doesn't do much for him.

The 30 million he would make from the fight would probably be more meaningful to Floyd.

I don't see how what I said contradicts that point, all I said was it wasn't a terrible match-up and given where Floyd is at who knows he could get upset by a guy people don't think is capable of it especially one looking to make a name for himself like either guy in this case.

Comment

• Floyd has slowed a bit with age..... But I'm not interested in this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Cállate! View Post
                I'd lose what little respect I currently have for him. That'd be a boxing travesty if he took a fight of that caliber.

Let's see if anything changes!! Did u gain respect back?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                  Lol. For years you've been on the "they fight for money " train. Now you say they fight to get results. How convenient. When the division was at its peak though, "boxing is a business"!
                  Outside of Pwill, don't you mean when Top Rank ran the division? Tell me again how many times has Mayweather fought a Top Rank A, B, C, D class fighter since buying out his contract? It's 2013 and still no dice.

Don't act like ol Bob and Floyd are besties... It was a business, bad business between them. You can't change history when it comes to them.

Didn't matter if it was a D- Top Rank fighter or an A+ Top Rank fighter, Floyd wasn't fighting (cherry picking) any of them. Bob has an agenda and Floyd has never been on it. In fact, Bob was content when Floyd was "retired" and was hoping he would have stayed retired.
                  Last edited by WESS; 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCa$hCanelo

Outside of Pwill, don't you mean when Top Rank ran the division? Tell me again how many times has Mayweather fought a Top Rank A, B, C, D class fighter since buying out his contract? It's 2013 and still no dice.

Don't act like ol Bob and Floyd are besties... It was a business, bad business between them. You can't change history when it comes to them.

Didn't matter if it was a D- Top Rank fighter or an A+ Top Rank fighter, Floyd wasn't fighting (cherry picking) any of them. Bob has an agenda and Floyd has never been on it. In fact, Bob was content when Floyd was "retired" and was hoping he would have stayed retired.
                    nobody wants to take this into account

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X