No announcement yet.

George Foreman - Hardest Hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman - Hardest Hit

Before he spoke, i knew he would talk about the Ron Lyle fight. It is among my favorite fights of all time, great back and forth action, twists and turns, and both guys going down. It like a great movie that you can watch numerous times and never get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
      Before he spoke, i knew he would talk about the Ron Lyle fight. It is among my favorite fights of all time, great back and forth action, twists and turns, and both guys going down. It like a great movie that you can watch numerous times and never get bored.
      The way he described the punch was quite interesting.

Comment

Big george, great chin, great punching power.

Comment

George is a "Bull****er".. he said a couple of years ago that Gerry Cooney hit him harder than anyone in his career.. i have read his book "By George" and its full of bull****, i gave the book to a friend who said the same... i like and respect George but dont believe a single word he says.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            George is a "Bull****er".. he said a couple of years ago that Gerry Cooney hit him harder than anyone in his career.. i have read his book "By George" and its full of bull****, i gave the book to a friend who said the same... i like and respect George but dont believe a single word he says.

I like Foreman also, but he's a salesman. He say things at the moment and later says something different. That said, I believe he was really hurt by Lyle. His propensity to exaggerate shouldn't be over looked though.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I like Foreman also, but he's a salesman. He say things at the moment and later says something different. That said, I believe he was really hurt by Lyle. His propensity to exaggerate shouldn't be over looked though.
              Yeah well said JAB... i have little doubt that Lyle hurt him yet like you say George says things on the `Spur of the moment`

Comment

I was very disappointed by his grill too, always overcooks steaks and is a pain to clean.

Foreman is one of those guys who says what the interviewer wants to hear but I generally take most things that boxers say with a pinch of salt

Comment

i find Rocky Marciano also talked a load of rubbish most of the time and like you sat GJC he said what the interviewer wanted him to say.. IMO Ali & Frazier are the guys who told it like it really was.

Comment

i find Rocky Marciano also talked a load of rubbish most of the time and like you sat GJC he said what the interviewer wanted him to say.. IMO Ali & Frazier are the guys who told it like it really was.
                    I think in defence of Rocky it was a different era and generally sportsman said uncontraversial and lets be honest pretty staid boring stuff.
                    Think people became more outspoken from the 60s on and I think that is in general not just sports and tv etc

Am I sounding as old as I think I am?

Comment

Working...
                    X