Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez willing to move down 10lbs to fight Floyd, but not move up 8 to fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanna see Sergio fighting a damn titleholder at 160

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      It would also be suicide. He ain't winning, not even being competitive.
      So basically taking the easier fight is okay in certain instances?
      I think Martinez should go and take 1 fight at 154, prove he's serious.
      Him and Money May can fight.

I mean because there's NO CHANCE of Floyd going up to 160.

Comment

• Cause a Floyd fight will get him more money..dumbass

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

I mean because there's NO CHANCE of Floyd going up to 160.
          No, basically Floyd/Martinez is far more realistic than Martinez/Ward. Of course it's important to understand that I know Martinez is now a bonified cherrypicker just like Floyd/Pacman.

But Martinez has stated repeatedly he'd fight Floyd at 154, even as low as 150. Now what I'm not understanding is why any fan would expect him to give up thee middleweight title & return to 154 & fight Joe Blow simply (hoping) for a Floyd fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
            Signing a contract that states if he is over 154, then no fight, would prove he is serious.

If he struggled to come down to 154 for a warm up fight, there is no guarantee Floyd will fight him.

Comment

• $$$$$

Martinez is nearing the end of his career. He probably only has a few fights left and he wants Floyd because he will generate the most money. Moving up to fight Droopy is a big risk and there just isn't the money there. Simple mathematics.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Smooth View Post
                Cause a Floyd fight will get him more money..dumbass
                They just don't get it man....it's amazing the stupidity in this place.

Comment

• But what does it do for Floyd? ****. Martinez hasnt shown he can hit 154 and be healthy, he hasn't fought at 154 in over 8 fights and counting, he's also pushing 40. The fight is a waste of time to be honest.

Comment

• Anybody knows that it is a money thing for Martinez especially him being almost 40.

Anyway where is there more of a demand: a May/Martinez fight or a Martinez/Ward fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X