Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't GBP buy Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would think Bob Arum is worth just as much money as oscar is. It's not like he could just muscle him out of his own company. he would have to make an offer large enough to make it financially impossible for arum/the owners to turn it down.

Actually, according to online sites Oscar is worth 175 and Arum 200mm.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
      BTW does Arum has any other son that can take over TR when he passes away? Bob doesn't have much time left in this world. Maybe he'll sell it to Todd DuBoef and some of his close guys, I doubt he lets them inherit it.
      Todd is his son-in-law. He is the one who will take over.

Comment

haha bob is probably a billionaire. seriously does anyone know how much he's worth? you know he is freakin loaded. never could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Arum promoted Oscar, how on earth is Oscar a better promoter or businessman? Arum is/was also a lawyer, I'm sorry I'll take Oscar in a fight but when it comes to brains and how to build fighters Arum>>>>everyone else, period. He made guys like Ali, Oscar, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and I can keep going. Floyd, Cotto and this is all off of the top of my head. Who has GBP ever built from scratch? They stole canelo, tried to take Manny and suck Floyds c0ck just to get them to fight under GBP.
          He didn't make Ali.

Comment

Be a step in the right direction for boxing.

More chances for the best to fight the best.

Then all that would be left is to merge the abc belts.

Comment

gbp buying tr and vice versa would de facto monopolize the us boxing/promotional market.
              idk if that's even allowed by law..... it would be bad either way.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                BTW does Arum has any other son that can take over TR when he passes away? Bob doesn't have much time left in this world. Maybe he'll sell it to Todd DuBoef and some of his close guys, I doubt he lets them inherit it.
                He going give his son.

Comment

LOL Oscar has money but GBP probably doesn't have that much.

TR is probably making better money than GBP. They don't just promote boxing but do a lot, such as sponsoring evil canevil in the past.

Gbp do a great job at promoting events but that doesn't mean they are doing great profits. They spend a he'll of a lot.

Comment

i doubt bob arum has more $ than Oscar De La Hoya.

De la hoya is a susperstar not bob arum.

Bob would never sell it for 1. Never sell it to De la hoya 2.

Comment

I didn't know Top Rank was up for sale.

You learn something new on NSB every day. Apparently one can just swoop in and buy another company without the owners consent, because you have more money then them (and even that isn't confirmed).

Comment

Working...
                      X