Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan vs Maidana, Ortiz vs Berto... Which was better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan vs Maidana, Ortiz vs Berto... Which was better?

Title is self explanatory, which fight was better?

Which one had more drama and was just an all around good performance by both men?

Best moments:
    Khan/Maidana
    Maidana recovering from a first round, (usually) fight ending body shot and getting lucky enough to here the bell before the ref could stop it
    Khan getting caught in the 10th to begin a 3 round survival mode that no doubt kept everyone on the edge of their seats

Worst moments (my opinion):
    The more or less completely 1 sided ass whooping Khan was giving him for most of the round from 1-9...

Ortiz vs Berto
    The first round KD of Berto by Ortiz that pretty much told how the rest of the fight was gonna go
    The second round knockdown by Berto that showed he wasn't gonna just sit down and let Ortiz have this win without a fight
    The 6th round (easily round of the year by far) that saw Ortiz's redeeming performance nearly crumble right before our eyes
    Ortiz 6th round comeback that pretty much ended the fight for Berto

Worst moments
    After round 6, it becomes a one sided ass Berto just lay against the ropes and lets Ortiz beat on him for the most part.

Lets see how many of u still wanna talk boxing
    Khan vs Maidana
    53.85%
    Ortiz vs Berto
    46.15%

2 good fights but i think ortiz v berto was better viewing

Comment

From a strictly performance standpoint I'll go with Berto-Ortiz. That fight involved an underdog/opponent actually beating the favorite in his best performance to date.

Comment

Berto v Ortiz and it isn't even close. Let's remember, the Khan v Maidana fight didn't get good until Khan got hit with that right hand. Up until that point it was a bit of a snoozer.

Ortiz vs Berto was great from round 1 on...

Comment

Khan Vs Maidana Its Not even close from round 1 till round 12 was all drama,only the 1st 6 rounds wer good for ortiz vs berto they both wer good fights buh khan vs maidana was better hand down

Comment

Both excellent fights,i went for Khan/Maidana simply because i was pissed up with all my mates in the pub and the atmosphere was brilliant,whereas i watched Berto/Ortiz at home

Comment

Berto-Ortiz... I was expecting Ortiz to get stopped and no, he took it. Great fight

Comment

Berto vs Ortiz. I was laughing my behind off when Ortiz got up from that knockdown to drop Berto with that left hook and Emmanuel Steward screamed "Oh My God". That fight was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by qari View Post
                  Khan Vs Maidana Its Not even close from round 1 till round 12 was all drama,only the 1st 6 rounds wer good for ortiz vs berto they both wer good fights buh khan vs maidana was better hand down
                  What fukin fight where you watching? Hahahaha

Khan was dominating the fight until he got hit with the right hand late.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    What fukin fight where you watching? Hahahaha

Khan was dominating the fight until he got hit with the right hand late.
                    It is a bit of a myth that Khan dominated all of the first 9 rounds, Maidana won rounds 3, 6 and 7, round 4 was also close. Maidana arguably won the last 3 rounds as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X