No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hryunov: Khabib Could Face Rios-Alvarado Winner Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hryunov: Khabib Could Face Rios-Alvarado Winner Next

According to promoter Vladimir Hryunov, the winners of the March 30th junior welterweight doubleheader in Las Vegas could potentially face each other in the fall. Hryunov is the promoter of IBO/WBA "regular" champion Khabib Allakhverdiev (18-0, 8KOs). He recently signed Khabib to a co-promotion with Top Rank.

Khabib will make his Top Rank debut on the March card against hard-puncher Breidis Prescott (26-4, 20KOs). In the main event, at the Mandalay Bay, Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 23KOs) will face Mike Alvarado (33-2, 23KOs) in a rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That would be awesome though I'm not sure he gets passed Prescott tbh, if he survives the first 6-8 rounds he likely will advance.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      That would be awesome though I'm not sure he gets passed Prescott tbh, if he survives the first 6-8 rounds he likely will advance.
      Dan, never heard of Khabib. Is he any good?

Comment

Should Rios and Khabib win I think that match up would be good. IMO Rios beats Alvarado again and Khabib shouldn't have too much problems getting past Prescott. Prescott has been in the ring with better comp than Khabib at this point in their careers but Prescott has always struggled in his fights with decent or good fighters with the exception of the Khan win. I think that ko loss to Alvarado took a lot out of him too and Khabib has fast hands and decent punching power.
        Well see how Khabib looks against Prescott but I think his style could trouble Rios if they fight. He has the faster hands, counters and fights well moving backwards, and Rios hasn't faced a good southpaw yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
          Dan, never heard of Khabib. Is he any good?

Yeah he is very good, one of the top 140lb'ers IMO
          He was a bit of an unknown until last year when he destroyed Mabuza and took Joan Guzmans '0'

Prescott is always dangerous though, at least until he gasses.

Khabib is a darkhorse & one too watch out for. His K.O ratio is very deceptive (only like 40% but he definitely can crack)

Comment

A very good fight, tho i doubt it happens

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Yeah he is very good, one of the top 140lb'ers IMO
              He was a bit of an unknown until last year when he destroyed Mabuza and took Joan Guzmans '0'

Prescott is always dangerous though, at least until he gasses.

Khabib is a darkhorse & one too watch out for. His K.O ratio is very deceptive (only like 40% but he definitely can crack)
              I agree, Khabib has more power than his record indicates. He was only awarded 1 kd against Guzman when put him down 3 times. IMO he probably would've stopped Guzman if he hadn't hurt his leg. Hopefully he impresses against Prescott because I would love to see him in the mix at 140.

Comment

Sorry, but Rios has bigger fights out there than against some guy named khabib.

Comment

If Alvarado wins it could happen.

Of course if Mike wins we will probably get a trilogy fight.

Comment

I would love to see that match-up, but I seriously doubt it gets made seeing that Rios's name is commonly thrown around in the same breath as Pacquiao and Marquez. Khabib is very dangerous but relatively unknown at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
                    X